Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

extending functionality

Level 1

Hi, Does anyone know if DPS provides an API in the app wrapper to access device level hooks? So for example I want to build an app with training on a new car. The articles would be topics such as new features, new sub-systems etc. Can I build in some code language an extension that allows for quiz questions to be asked, scored, averaged and then possibly: saved locally, posted to an external server, or generate an email to be sent to an instructor.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can build quizzes using HTML and JavaScript and use HTML local storage to store information. Similarly, an HTML article (or web overlay) can call out to any web APIs you may have hosted on other services.

DPS 2015 does not have a way to call down into device-specific things, however, like the camera.

Neil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

You can build quizzes using HTML and JavaScript and use HTML local storage to store information. Similarly, an HTML article (or web overlay) can call out to any web APIs you may have hosted on other services.

DPS 2015 does not have a way to call down into device-specific things, however, like the camera.

Neil

Level 1

Is the new DPS using Phonegap as the wrapper? If so is DPS just not including the plugins like cordova-plugin-camera and cordova-plugin-file?

Employee

DPS isn't written using PhoneGap. It's a fully native app.

Neil