Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tab order goes to links, skips fields in between

Level 2

We have AEM Forms Designer 6.5.17.

For each form, we set the tab order as the last task before publication. However, when we then test the form, the tab order will start just fine in the top left hand corner, work its way to the first hyperlink (they are in text boxes or captions), and will then skip to any following hyperlinks, omitting all fields in between. Then it starts over again, same process.

This is fine for people using screen readers, but not super-helpful for sighted form users. Creating hyperlink buttons in contraindicated for accessibility. 

I should also note that the hierarchy is ordered. The form is organized with (subform) Lists and (subform) List Items to maximize accessibility.

How do we avoid this behavior, making the tab order follow the form hierarchy, stopping at every field?

3/14/24 update: Another fun little feature: I had to copy text - a fairly long paragraph - from a text object with a link to validate with an author. When I pasted the text into an email, only the link pasted in. I checked the object, and the <a href> was in the right place. To paste the entire text, I had to select "Keep Text Only" after pasting (which of course removes the link).

6 Replies

Level 3

This is a known bug reported to Adobe last year at Summit. So far no fix has been provided.

The workaround is to place buttons with code to open the url. If the link is in the middle of static text you will have to do your best to position the button. Sadly, that means using positioned subforms.

You could also place buttons outside of the static text and reference the buttons in the static text with superscript numbers like you would for footnotes.

That is about it! Good luck.

Level 2

Thank you, koolForms.

Good grief - so making the form less accessible is the only option? I find this incredibly frustrating. Being forced to deal w multiple elements overlaid on top of each other, or segmenting a long text filed into several, breaking for hyperlink buttons... 

We also find that when the fillable forms are posted, the button links will not work; only when the user downloads the forms will they work. Again, forcing more work on both forms developers and end users.

Adobe is becoming quite annoying.

Level 3

Mayank,

I talked to both the product manager and project manager for AEM Designer in person at last year's Summit. After Summit I corresponded with them via email and provided my evidence for a number of bugs and enhancements. 

All of the bugs and enhancements were accepted. I have never heard a word back or seen any of them in future releases.

If there is a formal process I would add my query to COK's. I do not know where to go to do that. If you would provide instructions I will gladly re-submit all my bugs and enhancements.

Regards,

Level 2

@Mayank_Gandhi Can you please provide the specific contact information for the person(s) and/or department(s) we need to contact, including information on any specific format that such contact must follow. Or, perhaps, you, as a representative of Adobe, would engage in some random customer service and route the request to the correct person/department?