Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

reset just the current table instance

Level 6

Good day,

I asked a question years ago about resetting just the current table instance and I received a reply from Radzar which worked.  Now, it's not working and I can't seem to understand why.  Below was the correct answer to my question.  I recently created another form and used the exact same script, now when I click the button it first clears the information in the first (2) rows of my table.  When I click it again, it clears the information in the other rows.  Any help is appreciated.

form1.howobtainedsubform.cardssubform.CARDS.Table1.Row11.adddeletesubform.erase::click - (JavaScript, client)
if (xfa.host.messageBox("Are you sure you want to erase all entries?", "Reset the form", 2,2) === 4){
xfa.host.messageBox("All entries have been removed");
xfa.host.resetData(CARDS.resolveNode("Table1[" + this.parent.parent.parent.index + "]").somExpression);
}
else {
xfa.host.messageBox("No entries have been removed");
}

2 Accepted Solutions

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, SOM expression could be the issue. If you can share the form I can check. 
thanks

View solution in original post

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
10 Replies

Employee Advisor

@islandgirl23 quick check: it goes in if block? If yes evaluate "CARDS.resolveNode("Table1[" + this.parent.parent.parent.index + "]").somExpression" 

rest should not be an issue.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, SOM expression could be the issue. If you can share the form I can check. 
thanks

Community Advisor

Give access on Google drive to email id vkatoch07@gmail.com

Community Advisor

I am able to replicate the issue and have fixed this.

Use the below code and remove all the (Use name) data-binding from the table, rows, and from all fields inside the rows.

if (xfa.host.messageBox("Are you sure you want to erase all entries?", "Reset the form", 2,2) === 4){
xfa.host.messageBox("All entries have been removed");
xfa.host.resetData(this.parent.parent.parent.somExpression);
}
else {
xfa.host.messageBox("No entries have been removed");
}

Level 6

Good day,

It's not working. I replaced the script in the "erase" button with the above script and it's still performing the same.

Thanks

Community Advisor

You also need to remove the "Use name" data binding as I mentioned in the previous post.

Level 6

Thank you.  By removing the "Use name" data binding, would this also effect the functioning of the "similar" button I have on the form?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It won’t