Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

GuideDropDownList resetData() does not work

Level 2

I created a test with a textbox, a dropdown list (multiselect), and button

PowerUserOne_2-1707763756676.png

the textbox resets the dropdown list when you change the value of the textbox.

PowerUserOne_0-1707763648081.png

the button is just a click event that is there for pretending i am doing something with the textbox value. it actually just writes to the console.

PowerUserOne_1-1707763693279.png

so i write something on the textbox and click the button, this should reset the values of the dropdown. then I choose one item

PowerUserOne_3-1707764220191.png

then i do it again i write "test again" and click the button, this clears the items from the dropdown list

PowerUserOne_4-1707764292146.png

then i click on "4" item of the drop down list and the value "2" comes back. 

PowerUserOne_5-1707764368733.png

but ddlist.resetData() was supposed to reset the data of the dropdown and "2 was not supposed to be highlighted. this is happening in AEM forms 6.5 SP19. can you please try in other services packs? or did i miss something ? 

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

there is still no solution to this bug. I had an adobe representative look into it and was also able to confirm this bug. I hope it is fix in SP20 because it renders the multichoice dropdown obsolete since SP11

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

@PowerUserOne send me your form I will test in lower version

Level 2

yesterday i tested it in SP11 it did not work

it is very simple, add a text box, a multiselect and a button (button is just for pretending you are clicking after changing the text on the textbox) just like in the pictures. the textbox Value Commit event of the textbox should reset the multiselect dropdown and it does. but when you click something after that the selections from before the reset comes back. please try it. let me know.

thanks 

Administrator

@PowerUserOne Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 2

there is still no solution to this bug. I had an adobe representative look into it and was also able to confirm this bug. I hope it is fix in SP20 because it renders the multichoice dropdown obsolete since SP11

Administrator

I am closing this thread as this is a bug. But I would request you to please share with the community the solution/fix or update that you hear from the support team. 

Kautuk Sahni