Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Different master page template for all pages except first in generated document of record?

Level 4

I'm using the 'Generate document of record' option with an adaptive form.  We made a template in Livecycle/Designer that's working well, but the header is being added to every page in the document of record, which is unnecessary.  Is there a way to set it up so that the header is only added to the first page and is omitted from all subsequent pages? 

I tried adding a second master page called 'AF_MASTERPAGE_2' that doesn't include the header, but that didn't work.  It still uses the first master page template on every page.  I also don't see the second master page listed in the 'Document of Record' tab in the adaptive forms editor, as suggested by this document:  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/adaptive-forms-advanced-authorin...

Any ideas?

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Please check this section in the same link. See in the Pagination tab you can do something.

The below section from the link tells that it takes first master page for header, footer, etc. In the pagination you can select the other master pages for placing panel, etc.

The first master page in the base template is copied and used as a master page for the document of record, which contains header, footer, page number, or any other information that should appear across all pages in the document of record.

masterpage.JPG

Level 4

Thank you for the reply!

I'm not sure what's going on with my DOR template, but I only see the first Master Page as an option in AEM.  Here's the structure in Livecycle/Designer, I have two master pages:

CR17506599_0-1693938480706.png
And here's what I see as options in the 'Place' area of the Document of Record options for a panel:

CR17506599_1-1693938538097.png

Any ideas?

It's also a bummer that you have to set master page templates by panel, I wish you could just say Page 1 = this panel, all following pages = this panel, but I guess that's more of a product issue.