Expand my Community achievements bar.

Content flow in multipe content areas with page breaks?

Level 1

Hi AEM community, I need advice regarding creating a form. Neither me nor my colleagues can figure this out, we're starting to think it is impossible to implement. Well, the issue is:

I have a page layout like this: two content areas besides each other.

AdamKr3_1-1711472607458.png

Every subform in my form is set to flowed - top to bottom. Content area 1 serves for main content, Content area 2 is for a "side panel" with some additional info.

When all data fits on one page, then everything is fine and looks OK. The issue happens when the content overflows and breaks onto a next page.
Let's say the content of Content area 1 overflows to a new page. Then, the content of Area 1 is correctly on the first page, and the rest on the second page. However, the content of the side panel, Area 2, skips page one and renders only "after" all of the Area 1 is rendered - on page 2.
Is there any way to stop this behavior? Is it possible to only have the first area expand over multiple pages but have the second area stay on the first page?
I have tried a content: positioned approach, but then page breaks did not work properly for Area 2.
Did I explain it clearly? I can provide further details if necessary.
Here's my pagination setup for the subforms:

AdamKr3_2-1711473712827.png

I appreciate any insight into this topic, thank you.

4 Replies

Level 1

Thank you for the guide, I will check it out.
However, my use case is that both of the sections can be on the second page.

So the proper question to ask would be: How to create a two column layout where the columns are completely separate and both can extend to other pages independently..? :'D

Level 10

Use just one content area in your form. On you body page then place a subform that flows left to right. In this you put two other subforms flowing top to bottom, one for the main content and one for the additional.

Level 1

Thanks for the idea, I will try it, though I think I already did and it did not work: if the first subform on left would overflow to next page, it would take the second one with it. But i'll try to confirm