Expand my Community achievements bar.

Uploading Video (.mov, .avi, .mpg, .mpeg) AEM dam is not playing these formats

Level 7

I have tried uploading several mov, avi, mpg and mpeg to DAM, I am not able to load or play any of these video format in AEM what am I missing here?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 7

Hi @Ronnie09 

Are you able to play the video using IP based URL?  Whether dispatcher blocks your asset version?

Level 7

I am verifying in cloud as well as in local author environment. 

Community Advisor

Hi @Ronnie09 
Following formats are supported in DAM. Could you please send the error what are you geeting once you try to upload an image?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/file-format-... 

Can you also try in local instance ?

Arun Patidar

Level 7

Hi @arunpatidar 
While Uploading I am not getting any errors

In Local for MOV File It shows

Ronnie09_0-1704913930958.png

For AVI File

Ronnie09_1-1704913962070.png

Same is happening for MPEG

In Error.logs

FOR Playing MOV file

11.01.2024 00:46:08.667 *WARN* [qtp300030499-290] org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection.lambda$failedCallback$0(AbstractConnection.java:92) [org.apache.felix.http.jetty:4.2.14]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883) [org.apache.felix.http.jetty:4.2.14]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034) [org.apache.felix.http.jetty:4.2.14]
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

FOR AVI
11.01.2024 00:44:56.757 *INFO* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1704914096698] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/coral/content/commons/sidepanels/renditions.html/content/dam/project/file_example_AVI_480_750kB.avi HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.designer.SearchPathLimiter Search path limiter configured with searchPathLimiterFeatureToggleOn: true and searchPathThreshold: true.

Level 4

@Ronnie09 Usually when you upload several video assets it will take time to extract and process renditions. You may have to wait for sometime to load all the xmp, metadata and rendition extraction. Since those are adobe supported formats you should be able to play the original renditions. Also make sure DAM Update asset workflow ran successfully and if it needs any step to process video thumbnails or rendition enable it. I have tried uploading .mov, ,mpg & .mp4 video assets in my system. Original renditions are playing using default player in assests.html 

Please refer below working screenshot, in my case I have disabled by default ogg, flv, mp4 rendition creation format as it takes more time and am unable to play original video. So I didn't need them much. 

Teja_G_0-1704906987066.png

Thanks!!

Level 7

Hi @Teja_G 

It has been more than 24 hours and still I see

Ronnie09_0-1704914330899.png

Ronnie09_1-1704914341393.png

I tried to play these videos using Window Media Player and VLC, there it plays perfectly fine

And same for MPG/MPEG 

Administrator

@Ronnie09 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

@Ronnie09 If you just need original asset to be playable then have you tried disabling ogg, flv & other renditions? For me sometimes it took more time to get the asset renditions and play them, worst case it may never happen as well. I can see you tried to upload 300+ MB video asset, I would suggest you to disable the all rendition generations and then upload the asset, once it is loaded and you where able to play. Then in the off peak hours if you still need renditions try rendering them. 

Also, are you seeing any errors in console or error logs when you play them? If it is in local I would suggest to stop all the services running in the system and give more memory to AEM so that asset can upload and render fast then you will get chance to play them if it is loaded successfully (Most of the times I saw high CPU utilization when I upload any video asset )

Thank you!!

Level 7

Hi @Teja_G 

ogg, flv & other renditions are not creating at my end do I need additional configuration to do that.