Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Search Functionality in AEM Author Assets becomes broken when upgrading to Service Pack 18

Level 2

After upgrading to service pack 18, the search within the Author Assets section of our AEM does not function properly.  There are 3 main issues:

1. The filters section on the left side of the search results does not appear or function. 

2. The number of results on the page shows incorrectly as -1 of -1.

3. When scrolling down through the results, only about the first < 20 results can be seen, and then the rest of the results show as a gray box with the asset preview never loading.

brokenassetssearch1.png

brokenassetssearch2.png

Has anyone else figured out a fix for this issue?

The issue does not happen with Service Packs 17 and below, and it is not fixed by upgrading from Service Pack 18 to 19.

The only issue reported in any logs is this:

14.02.2024 09:36:40.881 *WARN* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1707925000122] GET /mnt/overlay/granite/ui/content/shell/omnisearch/searchresults.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.lucene.util.FacetHelper facets for jcr:content/metadata/dam:status not yet indexed: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: field "jcr:content/metadata/dam:status_facet" was not indexed with SortedSetDocValues
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

We found the issue that is causing this to happen.  Starting with service pack 18, the lodash clientlib has been removed from AEM.  We had a piece of code with a dependency on lodash, and without it there, the search could not function properly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

It looks like the property is not indexed dam:status_facet. Please check this thread: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/unable-to-filter-assets-ba... 

You could potentially fix this by including this property in the damAssetLucene

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

I saw that other thread before posting my question and based on the comments in there, it appears this is an issue with the product, since someone was able to reproduce the issue on a vanilla instance running service pack 15.

Administrator

@EstebanBustamante Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

I guess the question goes for @laniweisbart , can we close this thread?

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

Our environment is still broken so I am still working on this.

Correct answer by
Level 2

We found the issue that is causing this to happen.  Starting with service pack 18, the lodash clientlib has been removed from AEM.  We had a piece of code with a dependency on lodash, and without it there, the search could not function properly.