Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Looking for stable AEM 6.2 solution for list of images component.

Level 3

Hi All,

During my recent AEM 6.2 SP1 project, there was a requirements to provide a list of images on the page.

I have tried the solution

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 62 - Touch UI Composite Image Multifield

but I am facing some problems with the Touch UI authoring dialog, rendering sometimes more than one image drop area.

There are more problems that I can describe here, if someone is interested to help :-)

Also, I would like to know how to switch the component to store the images as JSON array vs sub-nodes.

Let me know if you can help me find the robust solution. At this point I am stuck with this type of component(s)

Thanks,

Krass

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi All,

I have identified the cause of the issue. Apparently, if the clientlib as defined in the step 2, 3, and 4 of the solution, presented in Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 62 - Touch UI Composite Image Multifield exists more than once in the repository, that will cause the author dialog of each instance of the component, to have multiple image drop areas equal of the total number of occurrences of the above clientlib. The issue is not only visual, but also functional.

After removing all duplicates from the repository, my Touch UI Composite Image Multifield works fine again.

I hope that helps to all who have faced the same issue.

Krass

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Administrator

Moving this post to AEM Assets.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 8

Go to crxde and select use the query tools to query like this, select SQL 2

SELECT * FROM [nt:base] AS s WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE([/content/sites/<page name>]) and s.[fileReference] is not null

copy the list in notepad ++ and remove the /content... node path

not sure about the exact requirment. just a tweak

Level 5

Hi KBWEB,

For your First Problem : drag and drop option is not working fine :

Drag and Drop functionality is in Js so you have to Write a custome Js to achieve this.

Or use simple Pathbrowse to get the detail of image in path and customize the js to render the Image but Drag and drop functionality will not be achieved

For your Second Problem : store value in json formet :

Follow below Url:

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 6 SP2 - Touch UI Multi Field Component

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi All,

I have identified the cause of the issue. Apparently, if the clientlib as defined in the step 2, 3, and 4 of the solution, presented in Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 62 - Touch UI Composite Image Multifield exists more than once in the repository, that will cause the author dialog of each instance of the component, to have multiple image drop areas equal of the total number of occurrences of the above clientlib. The issue is not only visual, but also functional.

After removing all duplicates from the repository, my Touch UI Composite Image Multifield works fine again.

I hope that helps to all who have faced the same issue.

Krass