Expand my Community achievements bar.

it.tests and ui.test modules usage

Level 5

Hi Team

Can you please let me know what are advantages or scenario we need use AEM Project Modules it.test & ui.test ?

Currently we are writing Junit  testcases for backend logic in core module itself .what is recommendations here for better maintained or organizing the of codebase.

Regards

Vara

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi, 

I think you need to understand the different layers of testing so you can answer your own question. Integration tests evaluate the application as a whole, ensuring that all components work together as they should. On the other hand, unit tests focus on testing individual components or units in isolation. Each testing layer serves a distinct purpose, with integration tests providing a broad overview of system functionality and unit tests pinpointing specific areas of code for thorough examination. With this in mind, you need to decide which testing layers are most suitable for your project's requirements and implement them accordingly.

Now, the modules you pointed out are for integration tests that execute at different parts of the development cycle. If you are a dev, usually having unit tests for your code is a best practice and what usually is required. If you are an architect or you have more decisions over the project, you should consider adding extra integration tests.

In addition, please go through this link to understand the difference between the modules that exist in the AEM archetype: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/developing/arche...

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante