Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to set the "pending" status when you click the Quick Publish button

Level 2

Hello everyone

I created a workflow in AEM Cloud to approve some assets created within a folder and then publish them.

I also created a related launcher that is activated when the assets are published.

The flow works fine, but I want when the contributor clicks the "Quick Publish" button the publish remains in the "pending" state until the approver completes the workflow with the "activate asset" choice.

Currently, however, the moment the contributor clicks on the "quick publish" button he publishes it and the workflow starts.

How can I solve it?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you looking to change the Message in the model after you click the "Quick Publish" button? Is that what you are trying to do?

EstebanBustamante_0-1706018707343.png

If so, I think the message clearly indicates that the asset is not activated yet, but anyways, you could change that message by overlaying the proper nodes.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Level 8

Hi @telpom , You may also look at removing/hiding the Quick Publish button for those paths if workflow should be the only way to publish.

This related post has some details on how you could go about it - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/hide-and-show-quick-publis...

Thanks

Narendra 

Level 2

I understand that the solution would be to not give the contributor permission to replicate. However, this means that the contributor must manually start the workflow in a way that notifies the reviewer user to publish the content.

I would like the quick publish button to be present for the contributor, but when the quick publish button is clicked, the publication must not take place but must remain in the queue or waiting. With the notification to the reviewer that the publication is completed only after having approved it in the workflow.

Administrator

@telpom Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni