Expand my Community achievements bar.

Export image data

Level 2

I want to export a list of image file names and their corresponding UUID values. Is there a way to do this in AEM? Thank you.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

I believe that UUID will not be an option for a metadata report - since UUID is not stored in jcr:content/metadata - but directly in jcr:uuid

Level 9

@frameexpert : Another little tedious way is by means of a query. This could be useful when we have to perform filtering (for images only for eg.) of assets or some operation on those dam assets programmatically.

You can run below query on your AEM instance and it will give you assets from we-retail dam path (you can change the path and properties etc. as per your need obviously). This will give you a json response, which you can view in your browser or copy into a file for further analysis.

http://localhost:4502/bin/querybuilder.json?path=/content/dam/we-retail&type=dam:Asset&p.hits=selective&p.properties=jcr:uuid%20jcr:content/metadata/dc:title&p.limit=-1

You can customize it further to filter by specifying the property name and their values. For eg: below query will return dam:Asset which has mime-type of image/png or image/jpeg

http://localhost:4502/bin/querybuilder.json?path=/content/dam/we-retail&type=dam:Asset&property=jcr:content/metadata/dam:MIMEtype&property.1_value=image/png&property.2_value=image/jpeg&p.hits=selective&p.properties=jcr:uuid%20jcr:content/metadata/dc:title&p.limit=-1

Please refer the documentation from Adobe for more details-

thanks.

Community Advisor

The simplest way I have found was:
Go to the report functionality - in tools:assets:reports - 
Then create a "files" report that includes assetpath - and a custom property.
In the custom property you can choose jcr:uuid.

from assetpath, you can extract the filename - and the custom property will contain the UUID.

AdilosCantuerk_0-1711366183594.png

Community Advisor

Hi @frameexpert , just to be save - I wanted to @you to make sure you see the reply

Level 2

Yes, thank you. I am waiting for my client to run some tests. I will follow up afterwards. Thank you.