Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does Brand Portal produce asset links with no expiration?

Level 3

Hi team, 

We have used Salesforce in the past to create links for assets that could be used across multiple platforms, via email, etc. I know that there is a Share Link button in Brand Portal that allows users to share assets, but it has an expiration date and time automatically aligned to it. Is there a way to generate an asset link that can be used on other platforms without having an expiration attached?

Best,
E

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Something that we've done is we added a static metadata field which can't be edited by users which will concatenate the various dynamic media URL fields and make the dynamic media URL in the properties of the asset.  So a user if they want a non-expiring link can go to properties and pull the dynamic media URL for an asset if you're leveraging dynamic media and publishing assets to it.  We've also added the publish status for that asset in dynamic media so it's very easy for a user to see if that link is valid or not.  Not a fool-proof solution by any means but being able to easily access the dynamic media URL can be helpful for this type of link sharing or referencing in other systems.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Erika_Antkowiak ,

the best answer I found is "no, but..."

The share link gets an expiration date of a few days if you not send the link via email. You can send the link to your own email address and set the expiration date to a hundred years. This link then should in theory work that long and maybe adobe creates a better brand portal until then.

My experience is that brand portal is not the best solution for its own purpose. We have multiple issues with that system, that, no matter how hard we try, will never work. So it is worth mentioning that there is a better free option already out there.

It is called asset shared commons.

Maybe you should have a look at this alternative.

https://opensource.adobe.com/asset-share-commons/

Level 3

Hi @Adilos-Cantuerk,

I've noticed that Asset Shared Commons was mentioned in some of the articles I've read regarding this issue. Do you know if there is an actual link that is provided for each asset that can be used on other sites? I can see where it can be downloaded and shared via email, but I'm looking for the link that can be used on other platforms for visitors to view specific assets.

Best,
E

Community Advisor

Hi @Erika_Antkowiak ,
I would suggest to use a scene7 link instead of a Brand Portal link.
Scene7 seems to me like the thing you are looking for - but maybe I don't understand the use case correctly? You want to create a link that you can send to anybody - this person does not have to have access to either brand portal nor AEM. Right?
Or is it a - you have a website - and you want to embed a link that downloads a jpg  pdf / opens that JPG / pdf in a new tag/ in a viewer?

Correct answer by
Level 2

Something that we've done is we added a static metadata field which can't be edited by users which will concatenate the various dynamic media URL fields and make the dynamic media URL in the properties of the asset.  So a user if they want a non-expiring link can go to properties and pull the dynamic media URL for an asset if you're leveraging dynamic media and publishing assets to it.  We've also added the publish status for that asset in dynamic media so it's very easy for a user to see if that link is valid or not.  Not a fool-proof solution by any means but being able to easily access the dynamic media URL can be helpful for this type of link sharing or referencing in other systems.

Community Advisor

Hi @David_Fischer92,
I like this idea a lot. I will tell my team about it and maybe this could serve as the workaround to get smart crops to Brand Portal!