Expand my Community achievements bar.

Configuring AEM Assets for Administrators

Employee

Use this thread to ask any questions related to the Configuring AEM Assets for Administrators on Experience League. Experts are monitoring this thread to ensure your questions are answered.

7 Replies

Level 2

Processing profiles are only available on true AEM as a Cloud Service environments; meaning its not available on AEM 6.5, AMS, or AEM SDK.

I believe you also need to be an administrator to see the card.

Employee

Additionally, are you checking on your local SDK ? These are only available on actual cloud instances (not on prem/AMS), not on local set up as well.

Level 1

Hi David, in the metadata schemas video you said that to use custom metadata schema, we need to register them with AEM.

I am trying to add standard metadata elements from Dublin Core, IPTC-Ext, PRISM, and XMP into AEM that I don't see in Assets. I managed to add them as tags, but I cannot get metadata schemas or metadata profiles to work properly; I get errors (cannot edit properties) when I apply them to folders. Are unregistered schemas the reason why my schema forms and metadata profiles are not working? 

It is important that our organization use standardized schema to the fullest extent before creating customized tags. It seems AEM uses the words taxonomy, metadata and tags interchangeably, but as a digital asset librarian, I do not. Within the AEM Documentation, almost all the links to standard schemas are bad, resolving to 404s, and there is no list that corresponds to the three default metadata schemas that I have been able to find. Is there a table which lists what metadata elements belong to which default AEM Assets metadata schema, so that I can easily determine which metadata elements I need to register with AEM? And how do I register them?

Employee

Hi,

I assume youre talking about registering custom property Namespaces?

You can see this post on registering new property namespaces: 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-assets/how-to-create-and-r...

Level 1

Hi,

How are metadata added to a PDF file asset? Could I get an example on that like what metadata can be added for a PDF file in the DAM?