Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Capture digital rights management with asset's intention of use from user as textfield

Community Advisor

Hello,

We are working on a use case where we have to capture 'intention of use' when a user is trying to download assets from AEM assets and Adobe Brandportal.

Is there any way to capture 'intention of use' as an input from a user when downloading?

There are some open questions related to the same?
1. How to add a form field(textfield) to capture 'intention of use'?

2. How to handle the data captured during this process?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't know how to do that.
I am very interested if you do get this to work and how you did it, in case you figure it out.
I fear that this might be best archieved outside of AEM, since i do not know if it is possible to get the info from Brandportal back into AEM.

The current Copyright Management Page is best to tell a user that he has to use it in a certain way, but does not give any feedback to the company other than did the user clicked on "agree" - because otherwhise he could not have downloaded the asset. Maybe it is possible to add more options here, but i don't know how you would write the info back into the asset.

Even if you create a html within adobe_dam:restrictions, that somehow disables the download button within the copyright management page unless the user first selects his choices and then creates a report based of the URL of the current copyright management page - make the html in a way that the "Agree" selector is disabled until the user selects and comfirms his selection - (Use for online marketing) - (use for print) (5k Flyers) - To have this info and his user ID written  - into the asset, in another multi value property, for example./jcr:content/metadata/LicensedUse  Or something like that, might be possible. BUT then you would have to find a way to get this  from Brandportal back into AEM without overwriting the other entries.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

This might be relevant - but it is possible to add adobeDAM:restrictions as a text field into an asset.
This will then gets displayed within AEM and Brand Portal in the copyright management page.
This allows the corporation to describe to a user in which way the asset is allowed to be used - but it does not give feedback to the corporation. 

Sadly this does not apply for licenses (xmpRights:WebStatement) since they are located in AEM - and they do not transfer into Brand Portal. 

Community Advisor

thanks for your response @Adilos-Cantuerk 

As per the documentation, 

• The value of the asset metadata property adobe_dam:restrictions is a raw HTML that specifies the license agreement.

If we add texfield with adobe_dam:restrictions, where and how this value will be saved in AEM?

Could you share some details on that if possible?

Community Advisor

Hi @Rohit_Utreja ,

of course. I gladly share my experience with the matter.
adobe_dam:restrictions will be saved within the asset itself, under metadata.

AdilosCantuerk_0-1692686880906.png

AdilosCantuerk_1-1692686935328.png

Since this information is saved within the asset - this will work with AEM as well as with Brand Portal.
The other thing in the documentation gives me trouble atm. 
We would like to use xmpRights:WebStatement.

But there is no way to move the licenses from the Production enviroment over to the brand Portal.
I do not want to hijack this thread with my struggles, but if you are interested - i have another ticket open for that. 
In case you want to have a look 

Community Advisor

Hi @Adilos-Cantuerk ,

Thanks for sharing it, I appreciate it.

I have tried the above approach and could see the HTML before downloading the asset.
You have mentioned earlier that we can give a textfield in this field, I tried the same.
Now the question is, How to handle the input from a user into this textfield along with asset so it can be reflected in the asset download report?

Thanks,
Rohit

Community Advisor

Hi @Rohit_Utreja ,

i am not quite shure i understand you correctly.

Now the question is, How to handle the input from a user into this textfield along with asset so it can be reflected in the asset download report?

I can tell you about how i did it - but - as mentioned before i am still struggeling with the licences..
First i created a dropdown in my metadata schemata 
(./jcr:content/metadata/tos) TOS = Terms of Service
Underneath i have 3 conditions: regular; approval; individual

AdilosCantuerk_0-1692693825421.png

Regular is the standard.
If the user chooses approval required, i added another dropdown that now becomes visible and is required. Here the user can select then the license model. (./jcr:content/metadata/xmpRights:WebStatement - This does not work in Brand Portal - but i am working on it)
If the user chooses individual approval, i added a textfield that becomes visible and is required.
this Text field then maps onto ./jcr:content/metadata/adobe_dam:restrictions.

AdilosCantuerk_1-1692694155283.png

In the download report the user now can add the metadata property of adobe_dam:restrictions or licences.
It would be wonderful when ./jcr:content/metadata/xmpRights:WebStatement would work, since this can be added within Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator within the file properties.

AdilosCantuerk_2-1692694611156.png

Community Advisor

@Adilos-Cantuerk  thanks a lot for sharing these details. I appreciate it.

If I have to give a textfield inside the value of 'adobe_dam:restrictions.' such as below (along with copyright information)
<input type="text" id="fname" name="./fname" value="John DDOE"><br>

How to save the value of this textfield and reflect it within Download report?
any clue?

TIA,

Rohit

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't know how to do that.
I am very interested if you do get this to work and how you did it, in case you figure it out.
I fear that this might be best archieved outside of AEM, since i do not know if it is possible to get the info from Brandportal back into AEM.

The current Copyright Management Page is best to tell a user that he has to use it in a certain way, but does not give any feedback to the company other than did the user clicked on "agree" - because otherwhise he could not have downloaded the asset. Maybe it is possible to add more options here, but i don't know how you would write the info back into the asset.

Even if you create a html within adobe_dam:restrictions, that somehow disables the download button within the copyright management page unless the user first selects his choices and then creates a report based of the URL of the current copyright management page - make the html in a way that the "Agree" selector is disabled until the user selects and comfirms his selection - (Use for online marketing) - (use for print) (5k Flyers) - To have this info and his user ID written  - into the asset, in another multi value property, for example./jcr:content/metadata/LicensedUse  Or something like that, might be possible. BUT then you would have to find a way to get this  from Brandportal back into AEM without overwriting the other entries.