Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Brand Portal Sandbox/Demo

Level 2

Hi,

My organization is interested in demoing Brand Portal. I have access to an AEM Assets/Sites personal sandbox through Adobe Learning Path and I'm curious whether I can do a sandbox environment of Brand Portal. 

Is this possible? If not, are there any other ways my organization can demo/sandbox Brand Portal?

Thank you,

Morgan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Brand Portal is only available on Production environments.  Even for full AEMaaCS customers, you can't have Brand Portal in a dev environment (which admittedly has made testing some changes a little difficult).  The documentation on brand portal https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-brand-portal/using/home#:~:text=With%2.... is pretty good.  Brand Portal is super simple in how it works so if you can access AEM, Brand Portal is just a watered down version of the UI with less functionality.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Brand Portal is only available on Production environments.  Even for full AEMaaCS customers, you can't have Brand Portal in a dev environment (which admittedly has made testing some changes a little difficult).  The documentation on brand portal https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-brand-portal/using/home#:~:text=With%2.... is pretty good.  Brand Portal is super simple in how it works so if you can access AEM, Brand Portal is just a watered down version of the UI with less functionality.

Community Advisor

Hi @MorganMeik,

I would like to give you another option instead of Brand Portal.
Have you heard of AEM asset share commons? 
https://opensource.adobe.com/asset-share-commons/

Brand Portal has a lot of limitations which are not easy to overlook. 
It is a locked system and you are very limited when it comes to creating solutions.

Some of the core functions you would wish to give users access to, are simply not available in BrandPortal and there is no way to make it happen. E.g. Smartcrop Renditions, you cant skin Brand Portal to make it look like "your Companys" tool, Digital Right management via xmp:Webrightstatement is simply not working as it needs to be, there is no deployment pipeline between prod and the Brand Portal so your custom search filter, mimetype options, etc. will not work in Brand Portal. We spent so much time trying to make it work, getting a workaround for our needs - some cases worked after spending a looooot of time on the matter, other cases are simple not possible.

I would like to recommend to you that your company should at least have a look into asset share commons before committing to BP. It may require adjustments to fit your needs, but at least you have the option to do adjustments.
It also has a demo. 

Maybe Brand Portal is exactly the right thing for your needs.
In our case - I wish our company had spent all the "make Brand Portal work for us"-time - and developed solutions with asset share commons instead. 

Community Advisor

@MorganMeik Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.