Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Automatically filters by publication date but this isn't very helpful

Level 1

I have been working on transferring older images onto our DAM, as well as adding new content. The older images for the most part are a backup - if we don't have recent photos of a certain building they can be used, but otherwise we want users to be focussed using the new images as they are more in line with our brand.

The problem I am having is that if I have photos taken in 2023, and I've uploaded some photos from 2019 since then, the 2019 photos come up higher in the search. Even if I sort by Date Created, it shows the date they were uploaded to the DAM rather than the date they were taken, despite this being in the metadata.

We're rolling out Brand Portal to the wider organisation soon and I'm keen to get this right before we do. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @An___nie 

If you want to base your search with the date on which the photo was taken, then you would have to probably customize the Search view, which would include Created Date as xmp:CreatedDate. 

OOTB Asset view - they have the column for Created Date which is essentially the date when the asset was uploaded into AEM and not the actual date, when the asset came into existence.

So if you sort by Created date in Author Console, it would always sort on jcr:created and not xmp:CreatedDate 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Is there a way you can organize your folders to have a structure such as an "archive" for old/backed-up photos? That way, you won't mix older and newer photos and can avoid the sorting process.

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @An___nie 

If you want to base your search with the date on which the photo was taken, then you would have to probably customize the Search view, which would include Created Date as xmp:CreatedDate. 

OOTB Asset view - they have the column for Created Date which is essentially the date when the asset was uploaded into AEM and not the actual date, when the asset came into existence.

So if you sort by Created date in Author Console, it would always sort on jcr:created and not xmp:CreatedDate