Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset Link - use different Account than Creative Cloud Application

Level 9

Hello,

We do have the following problem:

We have a bunch of colleagues who bring their own Creative Cloud licence attached to their Adobe ID. Now they need to use a workflow, which requires Asset Link. To access our AEM Assets instance, they need to use a Federated ID. Unfortunately the Asset Link plugin for InDesign does not have its own login routine, but uses the account, InDesign is connected to. 

As the Adobe ID as well as the Federated ID have the same E-Mail address, this setup is not working.
Although it is not really comprehensible. Sometimes it shows a message, that access is not allowed, as an enterprise account is required. 
Sometimes the Asset Link plugin is working, but if links have to be updated, from time to time after searching and selecting the link, InDesign says that access to the file is not allowed.

Is there a way to decouple the AssetLink plugin login from the Creative Cloud application?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lgaertner , 
I feel your pain. We had to switch everyone to an federated id, but this did not fix all our problems with the asset link and i have many entries here in the forum regarding the asset link situation.

Currently, for us, this "Assets are not allowed" is still a thing.
We now have now installed the debug json file on everyones device and created a shared excel file in which users make small entries regarding the time when an error occurs.
Here is a link to this debug json thingy:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/asset-link-troubleshooting.html#:~:text=Enable%20client-sid...

As soon as we have a big example group, we will open up another ticket with adobe.

Quick question:
Do you regularly check in and back out your assets?
If so - the asset link relinking beta functionality is really helpful and was often a solution to continue with the work.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lgaertner , 
I feel your pain. We had to switch everyone to an federated id, but this did not fix all our problems with the asset link and i have many entries here in the forum regarding the asset link situation.

Currently, for us, this "Assets are not allowed" is still a thing.
We now have now installed the debug json file on everyones device and created a shared excel file in which users make small entries regarding the time when an error occurs.
Here is a link to this debug json thingy:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/asset-link-troubleshooting.html#:~:text=Enable%20client-sid...

As soon as we have a big example group, we will open up another ticket with adobe.

Quick question:
Do you regularly check in and back out your assets?
If so - the asset link relinking beta functionality is really helpful and was often a solution to continue with the work.