Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Bulk Metadata Editing Tool

Level 1

I want to implement this tool for bulk metadata editing tool.

So if I want to maintain the metadata for all assets in a folder at once, but they have different values in different metadata fields.

So I can select the assets that I want or folder. Extract excel and work offline and update it,  or changing the fields directly. Any ideas how this is possible? 

sudb_0-1682518665241.png

sudb_1-1682518848716.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is what you see by default after selecting folder thumbnail. 

You can get the CSV file of all assets residing in this folder, where metadata can be updated and reuploaded as per the process explained above.

metadata-export.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@scastro1  You can utilize AEM OOTB Metadata Import and Export options, which will generate a CSV file. You can simply work in excel to update/edit the metadata fields. The process is explained here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/using/metadata.html?lang=en 

Level 1

@diksha_mishra thanks for replying. Do you know if its possible to configure the table that way as showed on the images or its needed third-party, solution? thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is what you see by default after selecting folder thumbnail. 

You can get the CSV file of all assets residing in this folder, where metadata can be updated and reuploaded as per the process explained above.

metadata-export.png

Community Advisor

@scastro1 curios to know which solution you finally implemented here? Tablular custom UI? or Excel/CSV approach?

Level 1

what I mentioned above is only available for AEM DAM enterprise. So we need to use the ootb solution to be able to extract a report of metadata from a collection of assets and not from the entire folder and use the CSV asset importer.