Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5.5 - Not able to create content fragments programmatically

Level 2

I am trying to run the following code to create content fragments programmatically. The code runs fine but there is no content fragment created in the DAM.

I am able to create the content fragments manually but not programmatically.

//Does not create a content fragment
Resource templateRes = resourceResolver.getResource("/conf/<projectname>/settings/dam/cfm/models/custom-model");
fragment = templateRes.adaptTo(FragmentTemplate.class).createFragment(parentFolder, "custom-name", "Custom Title");

// Asset gets created successfully.
AssetManager assetMgr = resourceResolver.adaptTo(AssetManager.class);
Resource resource = resourceResolver.getResource(parentFolder.getPath()+"/"+"test.jpeg");
Asset asset = assetMgr.createAsset(parentFolder.getPath()+"/"+"test.jpeg", null, "image/jpeg", true);

resourceResolver.commit();

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikunj Jariwala

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

To create a content fragment, you can use ‘create’ API reference from ‘com.adobe.cq.dam.cfm ContentFragmentManager’.

Sharing a sample code which you can try to create a content fragment programmatically: 

//reference the Content Fragment Manager
@reference
private ContentFragmentManager fragmentManager;

private void createFrag() {
/** fragmentManager.create helps to create a content fragment
parent – The location where the content fragment should be created (for eg. “/content/dam/fragments”)
template – the content fragment template to refer while creating the new fragment
my-test-fragment – name of the fragment
My Test Fragment – title of the fragment **/

ContentFragment myFragment = fragmentManager.create(parent, template, “my-test-fragment”, “My Test Fragment”);

}

Programmatically accessing a content fragment

We need ‘com.adobe.cq.dam.cfm.ContentFragment’ API reference to access a content fragment

//Get the resource of content fragment as below.
Resource fragmentResource = resourceResolver.getResource(“/content/dam/fragments/my-test-fragment”);

//Adapt it to a fragment resource
if (fragmentResource != null) {
ContentFragment fragment = fragmentResource.adaptTo(ContentFragment.class);
// the resource is now accessible through the API
}

Reference: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-5/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/javadoc/co...

Thanks!!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

To create a content fragment, you can use ‘create’ API reference from ‘com.adobe.cq.dam.cfm ContentFragmentManager’.

Sharing a sample code which you can try to create a content fragment programmatically: 

//reference the Content Fragment Manager
@reference
private ContentFragmentManager fragmentManager;

private void createFrag() {
/** fragmentManager.create helps to create a content fragment
parent – The location where the content fragment should be created (for eg. “/content/dam/fragments”)
template – the content fragment template to refer while creating the new fragment
my-test-fragment – name of the fragment
My Test Fragment – title of the fragment **/

ContentFragment myFragment = fragmentManager.create(parent, template, “my-test-fragment”, “My Test Fragment”);

}

Programmatically accessing a content fragment

We need ‘com.adobe.cq.dam.cfm.ContentFragment’ API reference to access a content fragment

//Get the resource of content fragment as below.
Resource fragmentResource = resourceResolver.getResource(“/content/dam/fragments/my-test-fragment”);

//Adapt it to a fragment resource
if (fragmentResource != null) {
ContentFragment fragment = fragmentResource.adaptTo(ContentFragment.class);
// the resource is now accessible through the API
}

Reference: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-5/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/javadoc/co...

Thanks!!

Level 1

Hi @vanegi,

The solution you have mentioned is marked as deprecated, If you could provide sample code for creation of content fragment in new pattern, that will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Vara Prasad M

Community Advisor

Hi @varaprasad56 

Not sure if you got the solution, but, here is the code snippet which worked for me:

Resource templateOrModelRsc = resourceResolver.getResource("...");
FragmentTemplate tpl = templateOrModelRsc.adaptTo(FragmentTemplate.class);
ContentFragment newFragment = tpl.createFragment(parentRsc, "A fragment name", "A fragment description.");

resourceResolver.commit();

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam

Community Advisor

Hey @Kiran_Vedantam 

Did this really worked for you ? Could you try this again and let me  know if the CF is getting created in the path you mentioned. I tried this and I am not getting the CF created under the path i gave