Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.4 - Author - Intercept SAML2 Authentication

Level 4

HI,

on Adobe Aem 6.4 Author machine login via Saml2 is active.

I would need to intercept user logins made via Saml2, what can I do?

Thank you

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you elaborate on "intercept user logins"? If you are referring to checking how the data flows( viewing SAML messages), you could use something like this Chrome extension.https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/saml-tracer/mpdajninpobndbfcldcmbpnnbhibjmch

Hope this helps 

Esteban Bustamante

Level 4

HI,
Thanks for the reply.

I cannot use the two suggested methodologies.

The first where AuthenticationInfoPostProcessor is used is not practicable as it is called for every single operation performed on the CMS, both Author and Publish. It is very demanding in terms of performance.

The second one is to create a Custom Authentication Handler is not possible as I am not allowed to create it.

Are there no alternative solutions?

Thank you

Community Advisor

Hi @robertol6836527 
You need to extend the existing SAML implementation if you want to intercept and extend the OOTB SAML integration.

e.g.

public class ExtSamlAuthenticationHandler extends DefaultAuthenticationFeedbackHandler implements AuthenticationHandler {

Arun Patidar

Level 4

HI,

thanks for the answer but I have to look for an alternative route to the one suggested, I can't create a CustomAuthenticationHandler.

I have to find an alternative.

Greetings

Administrator

@robertol6836527 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni