Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe LiveCycle ES4 vs Adobe LiveCycle Designer vs AEM Forms OSGI vs AEM Forms JEE

Level 5

Hi Team,

Can you please help me what Adobe LiveClycle ES4 & Adobe LiveCycle Designer ,How its different from AEM Forms OSGI (within AEM ) & AEM Forms JEE (outside AEM but still calling as AEM Forms xxx) 

We are using AEMaaCS

For Smart features like Barcode Automation, Field level validation, and Dynamically adding of fields to the designed form ,can we use the AEM Forms OSGI or JEE or Adobe LiveCycle 

what is  Adobe LiveCycle Designer vs AEM Forms Designer ,Is AEM Forms Designer part of AEM Forms OSGI or JEE

Regards

Vara

1 Reply

Adobe Champion

It can get a little confusing when Adobe starts rebranding things.

Adobe LiveCycle has gone out of life and is no longer supported by Adobe. The specific desktop tool I believe that you are referring to still exists but has been rebranded as part of the Adobe Experience Manger Forms solution (AEM Forms). 

When it comes to OSGI versus JEE they are how the solution Adobe Experience Manager Forms solution is installed. A lot of the same functionality exists in both the OSGI and JEE versions including the desktop Forms Designer tool. One of the key differences between the OSGI and JEE is how form workflows are handled. Within the JEE version it leverage the desktop tool Workbench which in OSGI they have a different workflow system. Note you do need to be OSGI to move to the cloud, so keep that in mind!

All that said for the Forms Designer tool you can use it either installation setup of the Adobe Experience Manager Forms solution. Check out this link to learn more about Adobe Experience Manager Forms Designer.

https://www.linkedin.com/smart-links/AQHNv4erEkZeRQ/672020f6-26a9-4be1-a986-34894818ec6c