Expand my Community achievements bar.

Ask the Community Expert: Analytics User Migration to the Adobe Admin Console

Level 10

Session Info:

Ask the Community Expert: Analytics User Migration to the Adobe Admin Console

Are your Analytics users ready to jump in to Adobe Experience Cloud? If you are looking at migrating your Analytics user logins to Experience Cloud logins, this is a must-see session! Join product managers from Adobe for a discussion on the how to enable your Analytics users to login to Adobe Experience Cloud, and how you can manage permissions for these users alongside other Experience Cloud solutions in the Adobe Admin Console. You will learn about the upcoming Analytics user migration process as well as overall usability improvements including navigation, workflows, and user management. By joining this session, you will ensure you are prepared to migrate your Analytics users to Adobe Experience Cloud.

Speakers:

Ryan Monger, Product Manager

Ashok Gorrepati, Product Manager

Bo Ratite, Product Manager

Recordings:

4/10/18 @ 9:00AM EST - Recording

4/10/18 @ 1:00PM EST - Recording

4/10/18 @ 7:00PM EST - Recording

Questions:

We will have a short Q&A session at the end of each session. All questions asked during the Q & A will be posted to the Adobe Experience Cloud community.  Any additional questions can be asked on the Adobe Experience Cloud community.

Resources:

Analytics Migration KB doc

Admin Console KB doc

Adobe Experience Cloud First-Time Setup

Admin Console Documentation

Identity Setup

User Management API

User Sync Tool

Experience Cloud User Management Documentation

DL to communicate change requests/questions: analyticsusermigration@adobe.com

13 Replies

Level 10

Please post your questions around this ATCE's content below.

Level 2

Good afternoon

We have currently some datawarehouse reports scheduled by people that are not at the company . Their users haven't been deleted but they have date of expire.

What happens with those scheduled reports when the migration process starts? Do I have to migrate them to maintain their scheduled reports? In case I don't migrate them , will I lose their scheduled reports?
Thanks

Level 1

Hello,

Scheduled reports will continue to run during/after the migration.  However, if you wish to make any adjustments to existing scheduled reports, you will need to either migrate users or transfer those scheduled reports to migrated users.

I hope this answers your question.

Best,

Bo

Level 2

Thanks for your answer. How can I transfer scheduled reports to another user?
Regards

Level 1

This feature is available to Analytics Admins.

In Analytics > Admin > Analytics Users & Assets > Select an user you'd like to transfer assets from > Transfer Assets

Once you click on 'Transfer Assets', you will be able to select assets (except for scheduled reports from Ad-hoc Analysis) to be transferred from and a new user where assets will transferred to.

Best,

Bo

Level 1

This is regarding migration to Admin Console.

If our organisation users are currently using enterprise ID to login to Adobe Analytics and wants to continue to use enterprise id for login to Admin Console, what is the process. ? Is creation of adobe id mandatory ?

Employee

You can use Enterprise ID's for everything.  To login to Admin Console all that is required is the user must be an admin of something.  A system admin gives them full rights to everything in Admin Console, a product admin gives them admin access of just that product and they can add users as well.  A profile admin just lets them edit a single profile in Admin Console.  But once an Enterprise user is given Admin Access they can then login to Admin Console.

I hope that helps,

Seth

Level 2

What happens to Discover (Adhoc Analysis) logins?  Once our Legacy logins are disabled tomorrow, do we start using the new Experience Cloud login for the Discover application, or should we use our old Adobe Legacy logins?

Employee

The user accounts will still have the user groups that you had in Analytics. So if the users had the group for Adhoc then they will have it as well. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Best,

Kerry

Level 2

Re: Discover/Adhoc Analysis

Will the users log in to Discover using their Legacy login or Experience Cloud login?  If Legacy login, what happens when those logins are Disabled?

Employee

This will use their adobe Id they are setup on as we changing your model so it will redirect to marketing.adobe.com<http://marketing.adobe.com> when you try to login.

Level 1

Hi there,

In one of the recordings there was a mention of a template of communications that should be shared with the users as part of the migration. Unfortunately I was not able to join the live webinar and I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to that template (It was part of one of the steps in migration process).

Many thanks,

Marzena