Expand my Community achievements bar.

Catching Adobe Analytics Data before Adobe Target redirects the URL

Level 2

Hello Team,

How to make sure, if Analytics data will be captured before Adobe Target activity reloads the page, when both have same rule order. ?

Thanks in advance,

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Maybe you can use analytics registerPostTrackCallback https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/functions/registerposttrackcal...

or split action in 2 rules, first fire analytics one and add an action with a timeout of 1s to then trigger the target DCR 

Level 2

Thanks Alexis,

I will check the "registerPostTrackCallback" function.

Also, I assume there is a possibility that Analytics will not catch data before target will reloads the page.

Community Advisor

Once thing to be aware of:

• You do not have to wait for the analytics call to return a response for the data to have been captured. What it does it sends the call and depending of the call type would return something like the GET call will return a transparent pixel of 1x1
  • Do you really want to track the page is there is a target redirect ? In terms of analysis it provides little benefits as for customer they just experience the redirect. It might actually save you some money not to send the analytics all if you are doing a redirect as it would be one less server call 

Level 2

• Ok, so instead of checking the debugger, I will look into "Network" tab for Analytics call to be fired.
  • We need to have the Analytics call, as Analytics has already been there for long time but currently client wants to introduce an A/B Test scenario also on that page. Among one of the A/B scenario, page will reload and will have different experience.