Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unable to Generate Auth Token for Lightroom API

Employee

Helllo, 

I created an integration with Lightroom Services in the Adobe Developer Console. The integration successfully created a Client ID (api key) and client secret. I am trying to Authorize Request as step one of creating an auth token according to this documentation. However, when I send a request to the Authorize Request endpoint I receive an error that the client Id is not valid. I know this isn't the case, because the client Id works with the Lightroom services Health Check endpoint. Additionally, it seems like the client secret created by the integration is not the correct auth token needed in other Lightroom services endpoints like catalogs

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2

Hey @SumiKo1 ,

When you encounter an issue with the authorization process in Adobe Lightroom Services, particularly related to the Client ID and Client Secret, there are several potential factors and steps to consider for troubleshooting:

1. Double-Check Client ID and Client Secret:

• Ensure that you have copied the Client ID (API Key) and Client Secret accurately without any extra spaces or characters. It's easy to accidentally include hidden characters when copying and pasting.
  2. Correct Authorization Endpoint:

• Verify that you are using the correct authorization endpoint URL as per the Lightroom API documentation. The authorization endpoint for obtaining an access token might be different from the health check endpoint.
  3. Redirect URI:

• Check if the Redirect URI in your request matches exactly with what you specified when you created your integration in the Adobe Developer Console. Redirect URIs are case-sensitive and must match exactly.
  4. Scope of Access:

• Make sure you have requested the correct scopes for the access you need. The scopes should match the permissions required for the Lightroom API features you intend to use.
  5. Authorization Code Flow:

• If you are using the Authorization Code Grant flow, ensure that the process is followed correctly: first obtaining an authorization code and then exchanging it for an access token.
  6. Access Token vs Client Secret:

• The Client Secret is used as part of the process to obtain an access token and should not be confused with the access token itself. The access token is what you get as a response from the authorization request and is used for making API calls.
  7. Check for Error Messages:

• Carefully examine any error messages returned in the response. They can often provide clues about what might be going wrong.
  8. Refresh Tokens:

• If you have previously obtained a token and it has expired, ensure you are using the refresh token flow to obtain a new access token.
  9. API Documentation and Support:

• Revisit the Adobe Lightroom API documentation for the specific details on authorization and ensure that all steps are followed as described.
    • If you continue to have issues, consider reaching out to Adobe support or developer forums for assistance.
  10. Environment Variables:

• If you are using environment variables to store your Client ID and Client Secret, verify that they are being loaded correctly into your application.

If you've gone through these steps and the issue persists, it could be a more specific issue with your Adobe Developer Console setup or the Lightroom API itself, in which case reaching out to Adobe's support would be advisable.

Regards,

Eugene