Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trigger customized workflow on manage publication

Level 1

hi I am trying to trigger workflow while publishing an page using managepublicationwizard. I followed this blog

https://bimmisoi.blogspot.com/2020/07/aem-trigger-customized-workflow-on.html.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/customization-of-ootb-mana...

based on requestActivationWorkflow path I am given /var/workflow/models/****. but it not works on my side when I give 

publish in manage publication.

help me please.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Dillibabu05 

I have a strong affinity for workflows in AEM development. I highly recommend exploring workflow concepts and best practices through this informative blog.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/forms/adaptive-forms/custom-process...

While you may consider reviewing these steps to address your concern, they may prove to be helpful.

1. Verify Workflow Model Configuration:

• Double-check the configuration of your custom workflow model (/var/workflow/models/****). Ensure that it is correctly configured to trigger when a page is activated for publishing. Pay attention to the workflow launcher settings.
  2. Check Workflow Launcher Configuration:

• Review the configuration of the Workflow Launcher associated with your custom workflow. Ensure that it is listening for the appropriate event (e.g., page activation) and is correctly associated with your workflow model.
  3. Permissions:

• Confirm that the user initiating the publication has the necessary permissions to start workflows. Ensure that both the workflow model and the pages being published have the correct permissions.
  4. Logs and Error Messages:

• Examine the AEM logs (e.g., error.log and workflow.log) for any error messages, warnings, or exceptions related to your custom workflow or the Manage Publication Wizard. These logs can provide valuable insights into what might be going wrong.
  5. Replication Agents:

• Ensure that your replication agents are properly configured and operational. If replication is failing, it can prevent workflows from triggering during publication.
  6. Content Compatibility:

• Confirm that the content you are trying to publish (the payload) is compatible with your custom workflow. Ensure that the workflow can handle the specific content types and properties involved.
  7. AEM Version Compatibility:

• Verify that the resources you are using for guidance (e.g., blog posts, forum threads) are relevant to the version of AEM you are using. AEM configurations and behavior can vary between versions.
  8. Testing and Debugging:

• Consider creating a simplified version of your custom workflow and testing it in isolation to isolate the issue. This can help determine whether the problem lies with the workflow itself or its integration with the publication process.
  9. Adobe Support:

• If you have exhausted all troubleshooting steps and are unable to resolve the issue, consider reaching out to Adobe's official support channels for specialized assistance.

Thanks

Administrator

@Dillibabu05 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni