Expand my Community achievements bar.

Openwhisk : "error": "Cannot initialize the action more than once."

Level 3

Hi All,

I am trying to create a webhook for my Adobe IO Project using Openwhisk.

I created a new webhook action and able to see it in wsk action list. And I am able to fetch the URL too. But when i configured it in my adobe io project's event registration I am getting "Webhook has been disabled because either webhook is unreachable or verification has failed".

When I checked the activation list in openwhisk. I got the below error 

{
"error": "Cannot initialize the action more than once."
}

After got this error. I deleted the action and tried creating it from scratch, after that also I am facing the same issue.

Can someone help me on this ?

Cheers

7 Replies

Level 1

I have the same issue, i call the action successfully but once i do changes inside, i cannot call it again.

i use the update command to update it

after, that get same error as you

Level 2

Hey there,

had the same Error some time ago. 
Using "aio runtime activation list" I was able to make out 3 different "activations" for every request I made.

When taking a peek into each one (aio runtime activation get <activation-id-from ...list>) I noticed an different error message on another one.
Fixing that one automatically removed that problem for me...

If you find the out what exactly is causing the problem in the first place please share it with us - would really like to deepen my understanding as I notice the more I learn the dumber I feel  

Level 1

hey heinm, 

I am building action using aio runtime, it requires some package could you help me out on how to add nodemodule dependency in manifest.yaml.

Thanks

Manjunath

Level 2

Hey Manjunath, 

I am not sure I understand what exactly you need help with and is this still about the the above mentioned "OpenWhisk" error??

But when creating a new action (after the Initial Setup using the aio-cli) using the "aio app:add:action" command you can just install packages like usual with npm or yarn. 
The only .yaml file I remember right now, was the one where you declare actions, events and all that (app.config.yaml) - and you don't need to add any packages there as far as I can tell.

Best regards, 
Max

Level 1

Hi Max,

thanks for the response. 

I do not want to add action in an app right away, I just want to invoke action from command prompt. 

My folder structure is same as what defined in this https://developer.adobe.com/runtime/docs/guides/using/creating_actions/#wskdeploy-manifest-file

I am new to yaml file, so could you help to build that yaml file for the above link folder structure if possible.

Thanks

Manjunath

Level 2

Hey there, 

You're welcome.
I know just how happy I am whenever I get an answer to one of my questions - its great to not be ignored even if an answer does not necessarily help me fix my problems.

Sadly I can't help you with that, as I have yet to use the wsk & wskdeploy cli. Up to this point the aio-cli was enough for my needs. 
But the link you shared seems pretty much complete, no? 

Where is the problem if you follow the steps there?
You mentioned that it requires some packages, on the page it said: 
"Make sure you have the npm dependencies you need for your functions declared in the package file."

Did you do that? 
Can't say more than that from the given information, but good luck finding the solution

~Max

Level 2

Hi @SkyGazer ,

Try updating the node version for the action that uses the event in your AppBuilder application.

For example:

runtime: nodejs:18

Regards,

Eugene