Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Sending an email from an external file

Level 3

Hello Team,

My question is in the title: Is it possible to send an email from external file datas that I'm importing in the workflow by a file loader activity ?

I tryed to configure a new Target mapping but without sucess ?

If you have some tips about it !

Thanks !

Regards,

7 Replies

Employee

Hi arouillard

This can be achieved by Save Audience Activity.

Once data is loaded within the Workflow, select the appropriate option to either update/create an audience, or create a unique audience etc:

1606370_pastedImage_0.png

Then define your query to select records from this Audience, followed by the Email Delivery Activity targeting Audience defined upstream in the workflow.

Level 3

Hello Garima,

Thanks for your answer. Is that significate that I need to save these contacts in my application (in nmsRecipient) ?

My first objective was to send an email from these contacts (in the file) without saving them in the plateform.

Regards,

Level 3

I tryed to do and there is the result :

I saved my audience with the workflow :1606411_pastedImage_0.png

And tryed to send an email with the default email template :

1606427_pastedImage_1.png

1606428_pastedImage_2.png

Seems that i need to construct a specific email template with a different Target and Filtering Dimension (and/or) create a different target mapping ?

Regards,

Employee

Hi arouillard

The second Activity in the Workflow where Audience is being saved, what was the option selected and did the Audience already exist within ACS Instance.

To answer your first question, Is that significate that I need to save these contacts in my application (in nmsRecipient) -> You need to define a one time Audience.

Therafter keep updating it everytime a new file is uploaded. Then Save the Audience as per correct option, query it/Read Audience to target Delivery.

Level 3

Garima,

There is the option selected :

1606535_pastedImage_0.png

Was ok for the audience, It's created with the file structure, but don't succeed to send an email with the "Read Aucience". Seems that it doesn't recognize the audience schema (structure) for sending this email...

Regards,

Level 3

Hi arouillard

I am also trying to achieve this using the process you explained above. However, my email delivery component is not pushing emails and is just loading and loading for hours. Do you think this could be because of the wrong Target Mapping or dimension in my delivery template? Any help is much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 1.49.41 PM.png

Thanks

Sid

Level 3

Hello sidheshwarc51166753​,

At the moment, the staff didn't found the way to help us. So I think that is not possible to push and email to recipients which are not in the profiles table.

If the staff could answer to us ?

Regards.