Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Need Salesforce CRM Connector to update records in Salesforce

Level 4

While following these directions: CRM Connectors  I was able to get the connectivity between AC7 and Salesforce working.

1547768_pastedImage_3.png

The workflow always inserts the export into Salesforce.  I would like to update the data in salesforce.  How do i accomplish an update instead of a insert/create new like I have working today. 

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Clarence,

CRM Connectors works on upsert soap method exposed by salesforce.

Read more: Salesforce Developers

This method Creates new records and updates existing records; uses a custom field to determine the presence of existing records. In most cases, we recommend that you use upsert() instead of create() to avoid creating unwanted duplicate records (idempotent). Available in the API version 7.0 and later.

What this means: you need not worry about insert or update as this method will take care of that for you.

How will this work in adobe campaign?

all you have to do is ensure that your sfdc object have external id and you are passing a correct value from Adobe campaign activity.

Example: Campaign member object in salesforce needs below id to work

@sfdcCampaignId CampaignId

@sfdcLeadId LeadId

rest you can pass any value that you need to update. CampaignId is used as external id.

Regards,

Amit

Level 4

Amit_Kumar we tried this, and it is not working.  The workflow still inserts the data back into Salesforce.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Is there a difference in the CRM Connector vs the Salesforce