Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Is outbound api call possible using ACS

Level 5

Is there a way ACS can make an outbound api call to get some product recommendation that we want to send in email ? Using a content block or something else ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Suraj,

For the tracking of this issue, I don't have a specific link for it that I can provide as it's for an internal enhancement.  What I can say is you can check our releases page and look for CAMP-27280 which is the enhancement reference number.

Once it's available, we should have it listed on the page.

Adobe Campaign Help | Release Notes

As for the content block, typically this functionality is used to add URLs or pull personalized information from the local database.  I'm not seeing anywhere in ACS where this functionality was being used to make outbound calls. I am also not seeing any indication of any workarounds in the enhancement (CAMP-27280) which further leads me to believe that this is not possible.

Adobe Campaign Help | Adding a content block

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Suraj,

Craig from Adobe Campaign here.  From what I'm seeing on my end, it looks like this functionality is in the works and is pretty close to release but is not yet a part of the application.  Once part of the product, you should have the ability via a specific workflow activity to make an outbound call.

Regards,

Craig

Level 5

Thank you Craig !

Is there link where we can track this ?

Also, should not the content block allow to make some ajax calls ? I am not finding any documentations on capabilities of content block. Is this something you could help with ?

Thank you again for your reply !

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Suraj,

For the tracking of this issue, I don't have a specific link for it that I can provide as it's for an internal enhancement.  What I can say is you can check our releases page and look for CAMP-27280 which is the enhancement reference number.

Once it's available, we should have it listed on the page.

Adobe Campaign Help | Release Notes

As for the content block, typically this functionality is used to add URLs or pull personalized information from the local database.  I'm not seeing anywhere in ACS where this functionality was being used to make outbound calls. I am also not seeing any indication of any workarounds in the enhancement (CAMP-27280) which further leads me to believe that this is not possible.

Adobe Campaign Help | Adding a content block

Regards,

Craig

Level 5

Thank you Craig. I will watch out for it.

Regards,

Suraj