Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to use IF condition to remove blank spaces in email

Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to use the conditional content/IF condition to ensure that if a field is blank, there is no gap in the email?

We're currently using the below as data is pulling through from a file but some of these fields will be blank (e.g. address line 2 or 3) and we'd like to avoid a blank space in the email if possible.

<%= targetData.Address_1 %> 

<%= targetData.Address_2_ %> 

<%= targetData.Address_3 %> 

<%= targetData.Town %> 

<%= targetData.Postcode %> 

Sorry if I haven't explained this very well, not very familiar with all of this.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AmyKi, I would suggest removing whitespaces while loading the data in ACS instead of handling it at the email delivery level. In a file load activity use this option to remove the whitespaces.

acs11.jpg

Another thing you can setup a workflow to update all the profiles to remove the whitespace. You can use the Ltrim/Rtrim function for this purpose.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AmyKi, I would suggest removing whitespaces while loading the data in ACS instead of handling it at the email delivery level. In a file load activity use this option to remove the whitespaces.

acs11.jpg

Another thing you can setup a workflow to update all the profiles to remove the whitespace. You can use the Ltrim/Rtrim function for this purpose.

Thanks, Sathees