Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Geo Location SMS in V6.1

Level 2

Hi All ,

Use Case - Sending SMS to user's as per their location .

Current Implementation - Using Mobile Operator's MSISDN (Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number) to identify the user's city and location , but due to mobile number portability we are not able to have the accurate data as per this approach .

Please guide if there is any other approach we can follow to identify user's location while sending geo location SMS / Mobile PUSH / Email .

Regards,

Vipin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vipin,

That can depend on the data you have at your disposal. For example, do you store location/address data such as Country? From what I know, Campaign is not able to track the recipient's location. I know that Adobe Target can do that, at least for email. Not sure for SMS though. See Marketing Cloud Help

Florent

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vipin,

That can depend on the data you have at your disposal. For example, do you store location/address data such as Country? From what I know, Campaign is not able to track the recipient's location. I know that Adobe Target can do that, at least for email. Not sure for SMS though. See Marketing Cloud Help

Florent