Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Forwarding breaks email

Level 1

When forwarding the newsletter in Outlook, the buttons turn into images without links and the mobile-only items show on desktop. I'd expect some changes, but why does half the email fall apart? How do I stop that? We are restarting the newsletter so we really need to allow folks to forward the emails to other folks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@skpage6, ACS won't be able to provide any fix when you forward the emails to other folks that are breaking. Forwarding emails will always result in sporadic changes, since forwarding an email causes its code to be partially rewritten by the email program doing the forwarding. This is unfortunately standard practice in the industry, and is not something we can control since it’s being forced upon the emails by the forwarding email programs.

I'm sure you have tools like Litmus to make sure the email template looks good on different browsers and versions irrespective of whether you're forwarding emails or not.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@skpage6, ACS won't be able to provide any fix when you forward the emails to other folks that are breaking. Forwarding emails will always result in sporadic changes, since forwarding an email causes its code to be partially rewritten by the email program doing the forwarding. This is unfortunately standard practice in the industry, and is not something we can control since it’s being forced upon the emails by the forwarding email programs.

I'm sure you have tools like Litmus to make sure the email template looks good on different browsers and versions irrespective of whether you're forwarding emails or not.

Thanks, Sathees