Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Extension of input form into another input form in Neolane

Level 3

Hi Team,

Can suggest if we can extend input form into another input form in Neolane in order to make customise the factory input form of delivery.

Kindly help and put forward your suggestion.

Thank Much In Advance!

Nidhi

8 Replies

Level 10

Hello Nidhiv,

No, a Factory XML form can't be extended, such as Schema extension way.

You must modify the factory form to customize it, or depending on your need, create a new form (with your own namespace) to provide a dedicated form on your own objects.

I recommend you to backup the factory form xml code, in order to revert if you did a mistake somewhere; for instance you can export it as a xml package on your computer local disk.

Regarding the changes that you need versus the default factory code, you can visibleIf, enableIf to hide or display sections/containers/fields. It is useful to customize the form depending on context.

Regards
Jean-Serge

Level 10

Hi Nidhiv,

During a product upgrade (version, build) the postupgrade task executed for all your instances displays the discrepency between factory forms and customized forms. So in the Conflict management node, you can manage to keep the current customized version or adapt it manually to take into account the default factory updates brought by the new version/build.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 3

Hi Jean-Serge Biron​,

Thanks for your help!,

Now, i am planning to customize input form which will extend  factory schema of delivery. Can you please let me know if i want to create delivery show the attributes present in customize input form. How can i create delivery showing the attribute accordingly. Do we need to select anything in delivery in order customize form .

Kindly let me out in the same.

Thanks Much In advance

Nidhi

Level 10

Hi Nidhi,

This time, I am not sure to fully understand, sorry.

If you want to add new fields in the Delivery schema, so it is through a schema extension, indeed. (And apply the Admin Update DB structure, in order to create the corresponding columns/indexes).
Afterwards, you can customise the factory delivery forms (nms:delivery, nms:deliveryDet, nms:newDelivery or others depending your need).
If you need only to customize forms without adding new fields, only modify the factory delivery forms.

In advance, sorry if I misunderstand your last request.

Regards

J-Serge

Level 3

Hi Jean-Serge Biron​,

If i am going to customize the form that those thing will be reflected in nms:delivery schema so while doing upgrade, things reflected in nms:delivery will be vanished. So, in order to avoid such problem i.e. it will remove the column added in factory schema. For the same, i created the customize schema of nms:delivery and also then form. I would like to know will it helpif build upgrade will happen, will our customize thing extending factory schema will not get impacted?

Kindly suggest .

Regards,

Nidhi

Level 10

Hi Nidhi,

Using carefully the Conflict Management node after your postugrade, you should never loose your customisations.
Schemas extensions of factory schemas are done for this, by nature.
Factory forms changes are done in unique files, so can be owerwriten if you accept the new version in the Conflict management. Otherwise you may manage your customisation either by keeping the current version or by merging the new an current version by your own.

One more thing, it is a good practice to comment in XML <!-- --> the changes done, so it is common to comment also default form containers. Other way to do it

Regards.
JS

Level 3

Hi Jean-Serge Biron​,

Can we give reference of customize form of delivery into nms:delivery form in order to avoid the same.

i.e. <form name="delivery" ref="adi:delivery:delivery" type="notebook"/>. Kindly Guide.

Level 10

Hi Nidhiv,

Sorry, but I am not sure to have been correctly understood....

You must directly modify the nms:delivery or nms:deliveryDet (and possibly the nms:de forms themselves, there are no extensions for forms as it is the case for schemas.

So edit these codes below, directly but do some backups (copy/paste as text files, or better, export them as xml packages).1294160_pastedImage_0.png

Regards
J-Serge