Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Error i email preview and thumbnail creation

Level 1

HI

I have created an email template with header and footer in campaign standard. When i use template and create an email delivery, i am getting pop up message in orange box- 'there is an error while creating preview'. After saving no thumbnail s displayed on the dashboard.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thank you for the help.

I found out the issue.

Explanation:

I was creating an email delivery using some fragments and i was getting error in the preview,creating thumbnail and publishing.

When any email delivery is created using fragments/templates the ID of the fragment/templates is used in the html of the email.

Fragments in my dev instance were renamed and when i was trying to preview email, template had old naming convention and at time  of preview/publish new names were referred.

So there was a conflict in the naming convention.

Thank you

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

This points to some issue with the personalization used in the E-Mail.

e.g. some invalid fields or some content blocks where the permission is lacking.

Can you try following:

* Open developer console in the browser

* Preview the mail

* You should see an error 500 request and the response body may give some more infos on the cause of the issue

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thank you for the help.

I found out the issue.

Explanation:

I was creating an email delivery using some fragments and i was getting error in the preview,creating thumbnail and publishing.

When any email delivery is created using fragments/templates the ID of the fragment/templates is used in the html of the email.

Fragments in my dev instance were renamed and when i was trying to preview email, template had old naming convention and at time  of preview/publish new names were referred.

So there was a conflict in the naming convention.

Thank you