Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Embedding an ACS Form on external page via iframe that can preload visitor data

Level 2

Good afternoon! 

I'm working to build out a survey experience that leverages an ACS Landing Page containing a survey form embedded in an AEM page via iframe. The properties of the landing are set to preload visitor data. We'll be deploying the link to the external page via email from ACS. 

In my first attempt to get this completed, the iframed form doesn't not preload the data.

Here are a couple observations I made:

1. When accessing the LP directly from an email button programmed to send the visitor to the ACS hosted LP, two things occur. The pkey is put into the URL and a <script> is run fetching the user data. When accessing the external page with the iframed LP, the pkey does NOT populate in the URL when the visitor clicks the button programed with the external pages URL. Also, when inspecting the console of the external page, that injected <script> is also not running. 

-- I tried just putting the script into the iframe HTML and that didn't work. 

2. I've added web parameters tot he brand configuration to capture pKey in the URL, thinking that may help. Oddly, not only did it not help, but the "pkey" had a different value than the web parameter "pKey". 

Based on a previous post, this seems like a possible approach leveraging the ACS LP Form in an external page. 

What needs to be done in order to accomplish this use case? What LP properties are needed? What additional scripts or code need to be added to the iframe? 

Thanks in advance!

@somasundaramhal @ramon_bisswanger @Bobby_JS 

CD

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Unfortunately I never used the function and also never saw it used by a customer I worked with.

I did check on the internal JIRA and found an enhancement ticket with ID CAMP-47452 .

It looks like the feature has some issues and unfortunately is not fully working yet

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Referring to the ACS documentation:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/communication-channels/landing-pages...

"Landing page with a pre-filled form (data is preloaded with the page) can only be accessed from a Adobe Campaign email. It is not possible to access such a form from a website page."

Technically to achieve pre-loading though there are 2 options:

* you get a valid pKey

* you use the "Authorize visitor identification via URL parameters" option, then you can use an encrypted customer number, etc. for pre-loading

Level 2

@ramon_bisswanger 

Thanks for responding! 

I am aware that the visitor is required to have been directed from an Adobe Campaign email. And outside of connecting a ACS template through your AEM sites (link) I understand that there are major limitations to how an ACS Form can be accessed on an external web page. 

Can you shed light on how the second option you provided works? There is an AES key required and I find not mention of how to generate that key within documentation. I've seen a few experience league posts but nothing that resembles a breakdown of how to leverage that option effectively. 

Administrator

Hi @ramon_bisswanger,

Could you please help @cdermody further with their query?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Unfortunately I never used the function and also never saw it used by a customer I worked with.

I did check on the internal JIRA and found an enhancement ticket with ID CAMP-47452 .

It looks like the feature has some issues and unfortunately is not fully working yet