Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Delivery Internal Name in the Alert Email

Level 5

Hi Team,

I am creating a custom alert email for a business scenario; so I wanted to include delivery internal name in the subject of alert email received. Any help in here please.

Thanks,
Adithya

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Adithya,

If you are using Campaign v6 you can follow the steps shown here;

Just open the delivery properties personalization menu and select internal name

Regards,
Vipul

Level 5

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for the updates, but i wanted to have the delivery internal name in the alert activity.

Level 10

Hi,

Set Delivery Internal name in vars like below:

1306583_pastedImage_0.png

Use this vars in an alert activity like below:

1306584_pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Amit

Level 5

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the help.

First place I tried the way you mentioned above, I am just taking the query activity which loads the delivery log information of that perticular delivery and heading with a JS activity to write the counts. Then the alert activity to alert the user with the specific information.

And since this email delivery runs on hourly basis; I wanted to have delivery internal name in the alert activity to move things faster.

When I tried the above method I am seeing it as undefined.

Can you please help me on this.

Employee Advisor

Hi Adithya,

vars.xxxxx is valid from one activity where it is defined up until the following activity. Could be possible that you had an interim activity in between the two and hence it is undefined.

I just tried what Amit had suggested and it works.

1. The workflow looks like this.1309013_pastedImage_0.png Not ideal to your requirement but you can make changes accordingly.

2. Inside the JS code activity, I've defined the variable as suggested by Amit. I'm using the instance variable in my case.1309014_pastedImage_1.png

3. Inside the Alert activity, I'm using the workflow exactly how Amit suggested. 1309015_pastedImage_2.png

4. Executed the workflow and got an email like so.1309016_pastedImage_3.png

Regards,
Vipul

Level 5

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for the inputs, but this is hardcoded right, now suppose if i want the delivery internal name of the chosen delivery code in the query condition. How can i get the internal of the delivery code which is used in the query condition.

I tried by taking the targetData.internalName as well but it didnot work out.

Any help please.

Employee Advisor

Hi Aditya,

There are multiple ways to extract it. As I said, my comment was just to specify how to use the instance variable. rest of the logic you will have to define.

If you are using a query activity which pulls out delivery internal name then inside the JS code activity define a queryDef on temp:query schema to pull the internal name value.

Instead, you can get rid of the query activity altogether and directly use a queryDef on nms:delivery schema to fetch the delivery internal name.

Additional detail on queryDef is explained here SOAP methods in JavaScript

Regards,

Vipul

Level 5

Hi Vipul,

Thank you for the updates.

It was helpful.

Regards,

Adithya