Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Can I create an engagement email using behavioural targeting so I give people more relevant content to them?

Level 1

Hi - I have been using ACS for about 18 months now and most campaigns are manually created.  We have some trigger based campaigns but the content is the same for all recipients.

I'm now looking at sending content emails to our subscribers but include more of what they are interested in, based on their interactions with our website.  For example, if I know someone likes articles about Bridges because they have read X articles about this topic in the last month, then I want to include at least one Bridge article in the content email I send them.

Is this possible and if so where do I start.

Thanks.  Steven

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@stevenb11921578, Yes, that's doable. Here's what I'm thinking. Assuming that you have an analytics system on a high level you would need at least two ACS custom resources. One is to import the data (flat file from sftp) from analytics to those who match the website interaction rule. This data should contain an identifier for the profile along with other metadata about the articles at least articleId. Another custom resource to maintain all the articles, recommendations, categories, etc. You can setup a workflow to pull the imported data from analytics (1st custom resource), check for their subscription, and join with the 2nd custom resource to get the recommended articles to send.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@stevenb11921578, Yes, that's doable. Here's what I'm thinking. Assuming that you have an analytics system on a high level you would need at least two ACS custom resources. One is to import the data (flat file from sftp) from analytics to those who match the website interaction rule. This data should contain an identifier for the profile along with other metadata about the articles at least articleId. Another custom resource to maintain all the articles, recommendations, categories, etc. You can setup a workflow to pull the imported data from analytics (1st custom resource), check for their subscription, and join with the 2nd custom resource to get the recommended articles to send.

Thanks, Sathees