Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Standard Direct Mail - how to order the output by a given specific field

Level 2

Hello all. We have a requirement to be able to sort our mailing output by account number - so as to better see the joint accounts (with two rows) and make checking mailing proofs much easier. We don't want to filter out any rows just change the order of the output.
I can see there are "windowing" or representation functions such as Desc and OrderBy but I get error messages about invalid aliases when trying to use them on the account number field and I suspect they might be meant to generate QUALIFY SQL statements and so might not be what I want directly...

I have looked at the docs and searched here but could find no solution. Does anyone have the answer to produce a simple ORDER BY?
PS: The answer does not have to in the direct mail step but those windowing functions could help and don't appear elsewhere that I have seen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

in the direct mail dialog where you choose the columns to be exported, you do have a "sort on extracted data" panel at the bottom. Expand it and add the account number there for getting a sorted export file

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

in the direct mail dialog where you choose the columns to be exported, you do have a "sort on extracted data" panel at the bottom. Expand it and add the account number there for getting a sorted export file