Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

ACS Landing Pages and Organizational Units

Level 1

Hello all,

I wanted to double check my understanding of Organizational Units in relation to Landing Pages is correct in ACS.

In case the attached Org Unit sample image doesn't display, let's say under All - exists child units NA and EMEA.  Children units of NA are US and CA.  Children units of EMEA are UK and GR.

• A profile and the landing page must belong to the same org unit in order for that profile to take action (i.e. subscribe to a service) on that landing page, correct?
    • Ex: CA profile cannot subscribe to a service on a US landing page.  They would be directed to the error page upon submission.
  • Client has multiple users set up in different orgs where some users want no outside access to their profiles/data.  But other users would like the ability to promote services across the various orgs.
    • Is there any workaround for this?  My thoughts so far would be selecting US/CA users and inserting those profiles into the NA unit (if it's even possible to create duplicate profiles in that fashion) and then promoting to those NA profiles with a NA org unit landing page.
    • If I wanted to target both NA and EMEA profiles then the org units would need to be set to All?

Thank you in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @NJPW1119, yes, that approach you mentioned should work. Added couple of things to consider,

• A profile and the landing page must belong to the same org unit in order for that profile to take action (i.e. subscribe to a service) on that landing page, correct? - yes
    • Ex: CA profile cannot subscribe to a service on a US landing page.  They would be directed to the error page upon submission.
  • Client has multiple users set up in different orgs where some users want no outside access to their profiles/data.  But other users would like the ability to promote services across the various orgs.
    • Is there any workaround for this?  My thoughts so far would be selecting US/CA users and inserting those profiles into the NA unit (if it's even possible to create duplicate profiles in that fashion) and then promoting those NA profiles with an NA org unit landing page. - Think about creating profiles as soon as landing page submission happens. Have a separate workflow that does profile duplication on the NA org unit that pulls the profiles needed and writes to NA org.  Also, have an identifier when someone submits a landing page (ex. US landing page) and writes to an extended profile field (Ex. Source=US Daily Newsletter). 
    • If I wanted to target both NA and EMEA profiles then the org units would need to be set to All? - Yes, that's correct.
Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @NJPW1119, yes, that approach you mentioned should work. Added couple of things to consider,

• A profile and the landing page must belong to the same org unit in order for that profile to take action (i.e. subscribe to a service) on that landing page, correct? - yes
    • Is there any workaround for this?  My thoughts so far would be selecting US/CA users and inserting those profiles into the NA unit (if it's even possible to create duplicate profiles in that fashion) and then promoting those NA profiles with an NA org unit landing page. - Think about creating profiles as soon as landing page submission happens. Have a separate workflow that does profile duplication on the NA org unit that pulls the profiles needed and writes to NA org.  Also, have an identifier when someone submits a landing page (ex. US landing page) and writes to an extended profile field (Ex. Source=US Daily Newsletter). 
    • If I wanted to target both NA and EMEA profiles then the org units would need to be set to All? - Yes, that's correct.
Thanks, Sathees