Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Username/Password for Xtk:Session#Logon Service

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

On ACC's latest version, the Access management part has moved to the Admin console. We can no longer create an operator on the instance

client console version - 8.5.2

Application server version - 8.5.2

I am leveraging OOTB-provided API for one API requirement 

using:  Xtk:Session#Logon Service to generate a session token, security token.

Can anyone confirm how to create an operator with password in this case from Admin console.

As I think Operator created from Admin console works only with adobe id.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ratika 

You will have to create a technical operator for this in v8.

Here is the documentation on how to do this:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/campaign/technotes-ac/tn-new/ims-migration

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 7

Do you mean to create an operator using a SOAP query? 

Level 3

No, maybe my question is not clear.

I want to create an operator to use in the logon method of xtk:session for API requirements. But on the latest Adobe campaign version, I am unable to create one on the instance. It says to create an operator go to Admin console.

If I create an operator on the Admin console then that will only allow access using Adobe ID as there is no way to create an operator with password.

To use logon method I need an operator with a username and password.

Hope my ask is clear now.

Level 7

Ah! I haven't faced this as i'm not in that version. 

Perhaps you could by pass it by creating it with a java script query or a direct SQL insert?

xtk.session.Write(<operator _operation="insert" xtkschema="xtk:operator" password="x" name="y" (...) />);

Or, with an SQL Code, you can look at the table names and so in the Documentation tab of Operator data schema. Then do a simple "Insert into XtkOperator (sPassword, ....) VALUES ("x", ...)"

Level 7

Try this: 

Create a package with the Operator you want to modify

Then, copy the Operator bracket of the package, assign its value to the op variable in this js code and add the <access noConsoleCnx="true"/> to it, in the same place of my example. Execute it and it will change it

var op = '<operator label="X" name="X" type="0"> <access noConsoleCnx="true"/> <folder _operation="none" name="xtkOperator"/> <operatorGroup> <group _operation="none" name="X" type="1"/> <operator _operation="none" name="X" type="0"/> </operatorGroup> <rights inherit="0" propagate="1" rights="read|write"> <folder _operation="none" name="nmsExtAccount"/> <operator _operation="none" name="X" type="0"/> </rights> </operator>'
var newOperator = NLWS.xtkOperator.create(op);

newOperator.save();
var newWKF = NLWS.xtkWorkflow.create(wkf);

newWKF.save();

Note: This var should be assigned in a single line, to solve this I copy the whole package in the search bar of Chrome and copy it back

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @ratika 

You will have to create a technical operator for this in v8.

Here is the documentation on how to do this:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/campaign/technotes-ac/tn-new/ims-migration

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

@ratika 

When you move the technical account to admin console, you'll need to update your authentication method too.

Here the old method using session_token from your username/password  

DavidKangni_0-1714490893583.png

new method will use bearer token

DavidKangni_1-1714491133380.png

You can find more details here

Thanks,

David

David Kangni