Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Username/Password for Webservice LOGON in Adobe Campaign Classic

Level 1

Hi All,

I am quite a beginner in Adobe Campaign and was wondering how to interact with Adobe Campaign via SOAP webservices. I do know that Campaign exposes its API via SOAP web services and we need be authenticated via Logon method to access those services. (Best practice)

What I wanted to know is that which user name password do we use for the LOGON method in the SOAP call ? 

I tried the logon credentials to the client console. But I am not sure if these are the credentials I should be using. Please let me know the answer. Sorry - if it is a very very silly/basic question.

FYI : We are using Adobe Campaign Classic and our Campaign instance is hosted on a sandbox and we use a client console to connect.

The URL is https://ac326eu.adobesandbox.com/

Build number is 8724

SoapUI_5_4_0.png

Regards,

Karan Sharma

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Karan,

Referring to your initial screenshot, you have provided login and password into the request but the sessiontoken node contains a "?" which get added there by default as part of SOAPUI request creation.

Please empty it and try again.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 2

Hi Karan,

I hope I understand the question correctly, but a SOAP call really has two stages 1) Make a call to logon method to get session/security tokens and 2) Make a call with those tokens against the web service you wish to interact with. 

In the screenshot you have, you can pass in your own credentials, the same ones you would use to login to the rich desktop client (although for production there is a dedicated 'Web Service Agent' logon that only has access to the platform via api. For soap ui you can use your own user.

The first logon method (the one displayed in your image) will return you something like this:

<pstrSessionToken xsi:type="xsd:string">___c1ece8ad-6b59-42e3-a12a-4049dce916db</pstrSessionToken>

<pstrSecurityToken xsi:type="xsd:string">@k4EcGGBn5pl-81rWDAGBdCdeuJ5x3Uu3MBsFUskcuwp30IttwiWxUOX9c3oH3b1KMbsjq-Qqt9hHGmcSKtmlU6z7DPvXq8WQfvz5Pu1zX0U=</pstrSecurityToken> 

Both of the returned tokens can then be used in your next soap call.

Does that help? If you need further help please reach out.

kind Regards,

Dan Lewis

Tech Marketer Solutions

http://www.techmarketersolutions.com

Level 1

Hallo Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the credentials for the desktop client already. Are you aware if we need some whitelisting for this on the campaign side ? As I am getting a denier error 403.

Here is the error message.

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:36:13 GMT

Server: Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips PHP/5.4.16

Content-length: 513

Pragma: no-cache

Cache-Control: no-cache

Expires: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:36:13 GMT

X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge

X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block

Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100

Connection: Keep-Alive

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

XSV-350012 Invalid login or password. Connection denied.  

Regards,

Karan Sharma

Level 2

Hi Karan,

You need to whitelist the IP addresses you are calling from. You can do this two ways:

1. In the rich client; you can navigate to the operator area and add your ip:

StepA.PNG

stepb.PNG

stepc.PNG

Click on edit the access parameters and then 'add trusted ips' and add your ip in there.

The second route, its updating your security zones but i wouldn't recommend this route tbh.

Dan

Level 1

Thanks for all this information Dan. Unfortunately even after allowing the IP address entries, I am still getting the connection denied error. I think the second route which you mentioned in your reply could over ride my entries.

Regards,

Karan Sharma

Level 2

Hi Karan,

Change the authorized connection zone to public from private and can you try again ?

Dan

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Karan,

Referring to your initial screenshot, you have provided login and password into the request but the sessiontoken node contains a "?" which get added there by default as part of SOAPUI request creation.

Please empty it and try again.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 10

Hi Karan,

Did you manage to connect?

Florent

Level 1

Hallo Florent,

Yes. I was able to connect . Thanks Vipul. I was just not removing the default "?" in the generated webservice.

Regards,

Karan Sharma

Level 3

I am trying so get session id from Adobe campaign in soap ui and got similar error. Request you to please provide me exact steps to tackle this.