Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

syslogd@elprod (missing process)

Level 4

Hi All

Mine Adobe on premise instance and I am facing this issue

adobesat.PNG

Please please help me all--how can i make this up IN Adobe

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Shruti,

syslogd module helps to save system logs for processes (modules) like web, webmdl, watchdog logs save in the directory (<installation directory>/var/<instance>/log/<module>.log). Now, if this module was not running then the log files for these processes would not have been generated in that directory for those days. Check the configuration of the syslogd in the serverConf.xml file also make sure syslogd process is running (nlserver start syslogd@default) on your campaign server at port 666 (default).

Some docs you can refer: 
Log files - syslogd
syslogd serverConf
syslogd listening port

Cheers,

Shubham

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

You might have to verify the Server Configuration for your instance. Also, refer this thread where a similar issue was reported. Ideally this module should be running on Port 6666. Verify that as well.

If in case you are not able to fix it, you do also have an option of reaching out to Adobe via Support Ticket to get their assistance if it is hosted Instance. If on-prem, reach out to your support admin

Thanks,

SSB

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Shruti,

syslogd module helps to save system logs for processes (modules) like web, webmdl, watchdog logs save in the directory (<installation directory>/var/<instance>/log/<module>.log). Now, if this module was not running then the log files for these processes would not have been generated in that directory for those days. Check the configuration of the syslogd in the serverConf.xml file also make sure syslogd process is running (nlserver start syslogd@default) on your campaign server at port 666 (default).

Some docs you can refer: 
Log files - syslogd
syslogd serverConf
syslogd listening port

Cheers,

Shubham