Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Sub-workflow

Level 2

Hi team, 

How to use sub workflow? I try to send addition value to sub-workflow and do some testing in sub-workflow. again I am retrieve the output value to main workflow it's possible? If yes please explain. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Kumar_27 

Sub-workflow is a great activity to reuse the same WF logic across multiple workflows. But it is a bit tricky to use. 

Follow these steps to configure it:

1. Create the complete workflow in a single workflow.
  2. Create the sub-workflow and copy-paste the activities from your main workflow
  3. Add the jump-end and jump-start activities in the sub-workflow.
  4. Now replace the logic that you moved from man workflow with sub-workflow activity.
  5. Then add an enrichment activity after the sub-workflow activity.

Let me know if you face any issues while configuring this.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Kumar_27 

Sub-workflow is a great activity to reuse the same WF logic across multiple workflows. But it is a bit tricky to use. 

Follow these steps to configure it:

1. Create the complete workflow in a single workflow.
  2. Create the sub-workflow and copy-paste the activities from your main workflow
  3. Add the jump-end and jump-start activities in the sub-workflow.
  4. Now replace the logic that you moved from man workflow with sub-workflow activity.
  5. Then add an enrichment activity after the sub-workflow activity.

Let me know if you face any issues while configuring this.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for Sharing, I am trying this method but I am unable to retrieve value from the sub-workflow to the main workflow. Could you please share any Sample images/Documents for this logic? 

My test case:- 

1) I am Creating the main workflow and querying the last month's data. additional data I added Email & first name. 

2) additional value sent to Sub-workflow.

3) Do some tests and update the value in the customs schema then again I am sent back to main workflow. based on the additional data receive from sub-workflow I need update in schema.

Community Advisor

@Kumar_27 

Did you add the enrichment activity after the sub-workflow activity in your main workflow?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

yes @_Manoj_Kumar_ I am added but after the Enrichment output value is zero. 

Community Advisor

If possible, Could you please share a screenshot of your main workflow and the audit log?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

Try adding a blank enrichment in sub-workflow before the jump-start activity

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn