Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Save in Database Segment Code of an Split activity before a Delivery

Level 7

Hello, I want to save the Segment Code of a Delivery Activity to use it later 

For example, I split a query in two: Segment1 and Segment2, and each one creates a Delivery. How should I proceed to save that Delivery1 was created by Segment1, and Delivery2 was created by Segment2?

Thank you very much! @Manoj_Kumar_ 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @CampaignerForLife ,

Step-1:

In your broad log schema, create an attribute @segmentCode with data type as string.

Step-2:

Update database structure > disconnect - reconnect

Step-3:

Then, in your target mapping, storage tab > Additional fields, add as below

Source expression: [targetData/@segmentCode]

Destination: @segmentCode

ParthaSarathy_0-1688393635720.png

So now in broadLog schema, you can able to see which recipients got targeted using which segment and belongs to which delivery

ParthaSarathy_0-1688394227513.png

ParthaSarathy_1-1688394346695.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @CampaignerForLife ,

Step-1:

In your broad log schema, create an attribute @segmentCode with data type as string.

Step-2:

Update database structure > disconnect - reconnect

Step-3:

Then, in your target mapping, storage tab > Additional fields, add as below

Source expression: [targetData/@segmentCode]

Destination: @segmentCode

ParthaSarathy_0-1688393635720.png

So now in broadLog schema, you can able to see which recipients got targeted using which segment and belongs to which delivery

ParthaSarathy_0-1688394227513.png

ParthaSarathy_1-1688394346695.png

Hello Partha, this worked for the Delivery Logs, but not for the Exlcusion one. I added the same Segment Code in the excludeLogRcp schema, but is empty while the broadLogRcp is showing me the result. May you tell me how this works? How could I make it work for Exclusion and other log schemas?

Thank you in advance!! 

@ParthaSarathy @Manoj_Kumar_ 

Community Advisor

Hi @CampaignerForLife ,

It will work for exclusion Log schema as well.

Make sure you had created Segment code attribute with name as segmentCode (case sensitive, so it should be same as what you had created for broadLog schema and what you had mentioned in target mapping additional fields) with data type as string.

Then, update database structure > disconnect-reconnect

And once cross check your target mapping, whether your exclusion log is mentioned in mapping > storage tab > Rejection schema: exclusion Log schema where you had created segmentCode

Now in the workflow add segment code and run a delivery, and check in exclusion Log schema.

ParthaSarathy_0-1688536371321.png