Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Same external account for SMS with two differente

Level 7

Hello, I'm having problems with the SMS integration because i'm using the same external account in two different instances (Message center and Mid-sourcing). I would like to know: To solve this, do I only need to change internal name of the Message Center external account, keeping all the information the same? Or should I create a new one with different parameters?

Do you have any documentation about this? How should I proceed?

Thank you in advance

@Manoj_Kumar_ @ParthaSarathy @Parvesh_Parmar @DavidKangni

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @CampaignerForLife 

Yes the connection setting, aka, account at minimum, your SMS provider will have to provide multiple SMS accounts on their end

costa_n11_0-1714391183130.png

And you will have to go through the configuration for each of them

Please review the following page to understand each element of the external account

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-...

You must work with your SMS provider to assure all the configuration of the external account is aligned to what they provide on the account on their end...

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi @CampaignerForLife 

You can't setup 1 SMS account into 2 different ACC instances, you expose yourselves to major issues from sending too many requests to the SMS provider (which will result them to block any message from your instances) and the MO- SR/SD messages failing to reach the correct ACC instance...

You MUST have different SMS accounts on the SMS provider side, one for each ACC instance, no matter Message Center or Marketing, your configuratiom won't work 

Thanks

Denis

Level 7

Can you give me more information about this?

Like, the connection settings will be different in those external accounts? Will the number sender change? 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @CampaignerForLife 

Yes the connection setting, aka, account at minimum, your SMS provider will have to provide multiple SMS accounts on their end

costa_n11_0-1714391183130.png

And you will have to go through the configuration for each of them

Please review the following page to understand each element of the external account

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-...

You must work with your SMS provider to assure all the configuration of the external account is aligned to what they provide on the account on their end...

Thanks

Denis