Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Merging audience from Data Load with a query of recipients - Workflow

Level 3

Hello, Masters of Adobe Campaign,

Thank you to all for the past guidance and ideas.

This time I am trying to include an audience from 2 different sources: a query and data load with a .csv file.
While pre-running the workflow, I am receiving an error that CSV file recipients are not in the Database.
What would be the desired way of merging 2 different data sets, such as the CSV file and query results?
Worth mentioning is that the emails in CSV file do not exist in the recipient's table.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I think what you're trying to achieve is: load some recipients from the db and import some recipients from the file, merge both and send out communication. 

In that case you should import the file, reconcile it with possibly existing recipients and insert/update the data from the file into nms:recipient. 

Then you can send the delivery to the complete group. You can split import/reconcilation/upsert and targeting workflow, or have all activities in the targeting. 

There is a good explaination of the use case here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/workflow...

Best regards, Tobias

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @MarioGlad ,

What is the end result you want to achieve? Do you want to send emails to these recipients?

If yes, then you should first insert your data load recipients in the 'nms:recipient' table. You will not be able to send email to the email addresses which does not exist in database.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I think what you're trying to achieve is: load some recipients from the db and import some recipients from the file, merge both and send out communication. 

In that case you should import the file, reconcile it with possibly existing recipients and insert/update the data from the file into nms:recipient. 

Then you can send the delivery to the complete group. You can split import/reconcilation/upsert and targeting workflow, or have all activities in the targeting. 

There is a good explaination of the use case here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/workflow...

Best regards, Tobias

Administrator

Hi @MarioGlad,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa