Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Import the data from a specific location

Level 4

Hi everyone,

I have a workflow set to run on a scheduler every day at 9:00 AM PST. The new requirement is that I'll receive a file via email from the client containing customer data (specifically, one column - CID) that needs to be excluded from the workflow each time it runs.

Could someone please suggest how to accomplish this?

Below is a screenshot of my current workflow setup. It currently does not have a scheduler, but I plan to add one once I determine how to import the file provided by the client:

rvnth_0-1710840698658.png

Thank you in advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 3

Hi @rvnth,

As you mentioned above, you are receiving a suppression file with CID via email on daily basis.

Can you please ask client to share this file over SFTP (instead of email), this way you don't have to upload it manually to SFTP or Adobe workflow.

If you are manually uploading it every day (or may be once in a week or monthly), then you can either upload it to SFTP or directly in workflow using 'Data loading(file)' activity.

import_template_example1.png

Regards,

Level 4

Hi InMo

I see the campaign-specific workflows do not support Event activities, the option itself is not available. please can you suggest if I use file-related activities in a general workflow, how can I pull this file into my campaign-specific workflow? 

Thank you in advance

Level 4

Can I create a list from the file transfer activity and then use that list in my workflow?

please suggest

Level 3

Hi @rvnth,

As mentioned above, you need to request and keep the file in SFTP (best if client have some process to generate and load file in that SFTP location) to automatically pick by campaign worfklow.

If that is not possible, then you have to manually load the file using Data loading activity.

For also file transfer activity also, you need to keep file in some location, from where you will pick it through campaign workflow. you can't keep file in local machine and configure workflow to pick it.

List activity also you can use, in that case also, you need to manually upload the file and create a list manually.

Level 4

what re the required activities to be setup to achieve the below scenario:

As mentioned above, you need to request and keep the file in SFTP (best if client have some process to generate and load file in that SFTP location) to automatically pick by campaign worfklow.

Thank you in advane

Level 3

The suppression file(having CID) is getting generated from another system (or client manually creating it). Ask them to put it in SFTP location with a predefined name (naming convention and rules are important), like supressionFile_xyz_ <date_of_creation>

You can schedule your workflow (once in a day) to pick this file every morning and load data it in some table. 

Now your campaign workflow will use this table everytime to exluded those CIDs from the main campaign population. 

Hope it is helpful

Regards,

Administrator

Hi @rvnth,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa