Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

how to use emoji in adobe campaign subject line?

Level 2

how to use emoji in adobe campaign subject line?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi 

You can indeed use Unicode in a hexadecimal form of the emoji within the Subject line to achieve your request, but some initial testing will be required.

When inserting EMOJIs into a subject line, you must use the base string formatting like =?UTF-8?Q?=

Search the hexadecimal code of the emoji you want to insert (for example F0 9F 98 81 (you must remove \x) on the website http://apps.timwhitlock.info/emoji/tables/unicode)

Add the hexadecimal code in the base string format like the following:

=?UTF-8?Q?=F0=9F=98=81?=

You can paste this directly on your delivery subject. The character won't be visible until you send the proofs but will be functional. 

Regards,

Vipul

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi 

You can indeed use Unicode in a hexadecimal form of the emoji within the Subject line to achieve your request, but some initial testing will be required.

When inserting EMOJIs into a subject line, you must use the base string formatting like =?UTF-8?Q?=

Search the hexadecimal code of the emoji you want to insert (for example F0 9F 98 81 (you must remove \x) on the website http://apps.timwhitlock.info/emoji/tables/unicode)

Add the hexadecimal code in the base string format like the following:

=?UTF-8?Q?=F0=9F=98=81?=

You can paste this directly on your delivery subject. The character won't be visible until you send the proofs but will be functional. 

Regards,

Vipul

Level 2

Thank you so much for your valuable quick replay. I tested from my end, gmail and some other emails are looking good but outlook mail it shows black color emoji.

Thanks & regards, 

jameel.sk

Employee Advisor

Hi Jameel,

As stated initially, this requires testing.

Glad you found the side effect of using emojis.

It is not a good email practice to use emojis in email and rendering of an emoji clearly depends on the email client.

This is something which cannot be controlled by Campaign.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 1

Hi vipul,

Thanks for the tip. I've got some issues while combining those emoji with sentences including special characters. Each time i put a special characater in my subjet line with an emoji it brake the emoji.

=?UTF-8?Q?=F0=9F=8E=81?=Les émoticones dans les mail ?

the "é" in the word "émoticones" has broke the emoji. I've made many tests none of them worked.

Can you help me ?

Best regards

Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem...

Did you find a solution?

Best regards

Level 3

"It is not a good email practice to use emojis in email"

Do you have evidence of this?

Level 2

Hey Vipul,

Do i have a control over changing the color of the EMOJI currently the default color shows up as black but imagine if i want it to be red color emoji. How can be this achieved. kindly advice.

Thanks,

Sangram

Level 4

Hi Vipul,

Is there any specific reason to use only the base string formatting like =?UTF-8?Q?= for Emojis. I have seen Emojis also work by just copying the Emoji icon and pasting it directly in the subject line?