Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to implement DKIM and DMARC record in Adobe Campaign?

Level 3

We have hybrid setup with MidSource and RT server hosted by Adobe(sub-domain delegation is already complete) . What's the way to implement DKIM and DMARC record in Campaign?

For a hybrid setup do we have to create support ticket? If yes, what are the steps that needs to be completed on marketing instance?

If not, then could you please elaborate on how to achieve this?

The link below from return path explains about creating DKIM but not sure how to implement this in Adobe campaign:

https://help.returnpath.com/hc/en-us/articles/222481328-How-to-set-up-DKIM-

Reference:

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/technicalResources/Technotes/AdobeCampaign_Deliverability_...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

When Adobe configures mid-sourcing/domain delegation then they would have configured your DKIM keys if not your mid sourcing is not properly commissioned. Ask neolane support to fix it for you.

As part of domain delegation, adobe deliverability tea should configure below for your account

• Implementation of an SPF record (Soft fail) allowing email signatures
  • Implementation of a DKIM record (Key in 1024b) allowing email signatures
  • Implementation of a DMARC record allowing email signatures

There is no action item on your behalf for DKIM key as this is a part of header information added by mid sourcing to your delivery and the domain you are using as sender domain i.e. customername.com etc

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

When Adobe configures mid-sourcing/domain delegation then they would have configured your DKIM keys if not your mid sourcing is not properly commissioned. Ask neolane support to fix it for you.

As part of domain delegation, adobe deliverability tea should configure below for your account

• Implementation of an SPF record (Soft fail) allowing email signatures
  • Implementation of a DKIM record (Key in 1024b) allowing email signatures
  • Implementation of a DMARC record allowing email signatures

There is no action item on your behalf for DKIM key as this is a part of header information added by mid sourcing to your delivery and the domain you are using as sender domain i.e. customername.com etc

Regards,

Amit

Community Advisor

Hi,

This is one of the only search engine results for 'adobe campaign dkim', for which documentation is currently absent, so adding info here for future searchers.

For SPF:

Create a TXT record:
Hostname: @
Value: v=spf1 a ~all
This sets the domain to allow sending mail from IP(s) in A record(s). Set hostname to a subdomain if desired.

For DMARC:

Create a TXT record:

Hostname: _dmarc

Value: v=DMARC1; p=reject; rua=mailto:dmarc_agg@dmarc.250ok.net; ruf=mailto:dmarc_fr@dmarc.250ok.net; fo=1; pct=100; rf=afrf

I don't know what any of the value means, I copied it from a random marketing email sender's record. Set hostname to _dmarc.subdomain if desired.

For DKIM:

Create a TXT record:

Hostname: selector._domainkey

Value: v=DKIM1; p=base64 encoding of pub key

Follow these steps for the key pair:

1. Create a private key: openssl genrsa -out dkim_private.pem 2048
  2. Get its public key: openssl rsa -in dkim_private.pem -pubout -outform der 2>/dev/null | openssl base64 -A
  3. Create a long text xtk:option with internal name selector_RSA_PRIVATE_KEY_domain and fill value with contents of dkim_private.pem. Selector is from the hostname field, domain is the fqdn.
  4. Set hostname to _domainkey.subdomain if desired

Thanks,

-Jon